SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

PSA: Scammer warning - anyone know Owen Hasheur? He's been hacked

What's Hot
HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
edited July 2023 in Guitars £
There is a Facebook advert by a guy called Owen Hasheur. He has a pink Paisley Stephen Stern Penguin for sale.

It's a scam advert. Don't be taken in by it. A deposit will be requested and that's the last you'll hear from him.

I suspect Owen is a genuine guy whose account has been hacked. Looks like a decent guitarist - if anyone knows him, could they let him know and get him to change his password?
"Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9862
    Facebook accounts are usually cloned rather than "hacked', so changing password will have no effect. Worth reporting to facebook though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7450
    Just saw this on Facebook and was drooling over the Gretsch as well as his acoustic playing.  How can Facebook still allow this to be listed across multiple groups - its almost like they can't be arsed to do anything about scammers on there
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    He's blocked me so I can't see the advert. If you can, please report it.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7450
    Done
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom