SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT: 1996 Gretsch 'Starlight Sparkle' (very rare) + OHSC £1600

fxhoundsfxhounds Frets: 6
edited July 2023 in Guitars £

Since money is in short supply at the moment, I am looking to trade my 1996 Gretsch 'Starlight Sparkle' for other stuff of the same value. 

I’d consider:
- cheaper Gretsches (Streamliner?) or Electromatic
- guitar pedals 
- interesting rack synths especially from the 80s or 90s
- outboard gear

Feel free to ask!

ABOUT THE GUITAR IM TRADING

Up for trade is my extremely rare Gretsch 'Starlight Sparkle' from 1996 with its OHSC.

The Starlight Sparkle story -- and why these don't come up for sale very often
The story goes that in the mid 90s Gretsch discovered they had some of the plastic wrap left over in storage from their famous 1960s drums and since they only had a little they decided to use it up on a very small number of guitars. For this reason these finishes are almost unique, rarely seen in the wild, and rarely sold.

It's in excellent condition from the front, and good condition from the back with the usual few inevitable tiny dings from a professional instrument of this age. 

The pickups have been upgraded to Brian Setzer TV Jones and it plays like a dream. It also sounds particularly good when recorded.

Some Specs:
Height at 1st fret: 0.8”
Weight: 8lbs 5oz

Feel free to ask for additional specs or more pictures.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom