SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

ALL SOLD/TRADED: PRS S2 McCarty 594, SE Hollowbody II Piezo, Warwick Pro series $$ Corvette

What's Hot
guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4319
edited May 16 in Guitars £
I'm consolidating a few guitars into an ES-335 type, so here’s a few listings.

I'm based in Yeovil/South Somerset but I'm regularly in E.London too most weeks so I could meet in-between or somewhere (relatively) near (i.e. vaguely along the A303, M3, M25).

2021 PRS S2 McCarty 594 
w/PRS gigbag in faded smokeburst or somesuch. Again, available either in stock form for £1,000 + post. This has now been returned to stock (cream plastics, original bridge p'up) ahead of a probable trade-in on Dec 29th! 7lbs 10oz  
  • Neck @1st: ;;;;;;;;;;;;;22.5mm
  • Neck @12th: 26.0mm
  • Note: I have the original double-box shipping cartons here and packaging, so I'm happy to post this one.
  • More pics here: https://imgur.com/a/DoVdc8E

PRS SE Hollowbody II Piezo, sunburst £600
Bought from Peach in January, incl. hardcase and amber lightshade knobs. A great guitar that is only going to fund the ‘upgrade’ to a fancier semi-hollow; the piezo is far more usable than I expected, and I plan on having a similar system in more guitars going forwards.

*Further details and pics to be added*

Warwick Pro-series (German) $$ Corvette, £900
I’ve had this for a good few years now, and while it covers a lot of ground it really doesn’t get used much at all so it should go to a more worthy home. This one has an open-pore satin finished Ash body, with an Ovankgol & Wenge neck and fingerbord. Active MM pickups, 2-band EQ, level, and blend, as well as coil split and series/parallel options for each pickup. Includes a rockbass gigbag and some spare string sets.

*Further details and pics to be added*

(SOLD) Harley Benton (LP) DC-Junior FAT in Faded Cherry
  • This one's been upgraded/modded with a new wraparound bridge, CTS 500k pots, sprague caps, and a Vanson A5 dogear P90 in place of the stock Roswell stacked one. Unbelievable quality for this price-point, and includes a figured ebony board too. The Jr weighs just 6lbs 15oz, and all of the original parts are included.   £140+post SOLD

(SOLD)    80s Greco LP Custom (EGC 68-60 Mint Collection series) 
w/OHSC - I go back and forth over selling this, as it's just a great LP in every respect. Long-tenon neck joint, medium C neck profile, 22.5mm deep at the nut, 9lb 12oz, split diamond headstock inlay, ebanol fingerboard, (new) bone nut, gotoh hardware (note: de-golded), and an SD59/JB set. What's not to like?  £600  Pics here: https://imgur.com/gallery/ttccADn

*edit* The thing on the Greco’s headstock is a silly subtle ‘tribute’ to Adam Jones’ main Silverburst that he plays on Stage - it’s just a blind-spot mirror lightly tacked on there, and yes, 100% removable without damaging the finish 

(SOLD) 2019 Gibson Explorer,
 antique natural w/OHSC.

Available either as stock for £1,200, or in its current 'enhanced' guise with the WD BWBWB 30-deg pickguard, and a pair of 80s SD 59/JBJ pickups, and all stock parts (i.e. BB2/3 set, WBW pickguard) for £1,350   Note: this one has a 22mm neck at the nut, and is around 8.5lbs, I'll get it on the scales to confirm. Pics here: https://imgur.com/a/2lMKXFp

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28350
    Oh god. As if I need more guitars... But out of interest, how is the neck on that Explorer...??
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4319
    Heh - you know you do Mike!  It's a pretty standard modern C, I'll measure it up but I'd guess 21-22mm at the nut :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28350
    Let me see if I end up actually playing bass or guitar in my band in the next few weeks. Don't hold it for me but if it's still here then...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7450
    That Explorer is all kinds of lovely 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7240
    Nice set of guitars, just I have way too many guitars already which is a pity. GLWTS fella
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2046
    I generally REALLY don't like black guitars. I'm not good with heavyish guitars either. But my Lord I've got the hots for that Greco (especially without the gold hardware). 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14992
    Two guitars to tempt HarrySeven. :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    edited July 2023
    Updates:

@Stickyfiddle, the neck on the Explorer is a comfy 22mm at the nut, and otherwise a fairly typical C profile.

I've been sorting through my spares drawers and found an unused gold ABR-1 (sung-il), and the original gold stoptail and studs for the Greco. I'd forgotten that I'd swapped that one out for an AllParts aluminum version, so they're available to be swapped out with the chrome parts that are on there now if anyone was thinking of re-golding this!  I also have a set of nickel Grover 18:1 tuners from long ago* if you don't happen to like the Gotoh keystones - happy to swap those over too.

*no idea how old, but not 'new'

More pics of the Greco here:

https://imgur.com/gallery/ttccADn

Album links added for each guitar :)
  • Getting an Oops! We couldn't find that page on the Greco gallery link 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Hmm - thanks for the heads-up, I've just republished it @Fortheloveofguitar ;
  • Hmm - thanks for the heads-up, I've just republished it @Fortheloveofguitar ;
    You’re welcome:)

It’s working now 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3388
    edited July 2023
    Pm'd

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3868
    If the Greco doesn’t sell I’ll take it. 
    Thanks Loobs, hopefully it’s going this Thurs pending confirmations but I’ll let the waiting list know if anything changes! :)
  • Buuuuuuuuump - still working out the details on the Greco, but the other two are here pending a potential part-ex deal
  • god that explorer is incredible. really wish i could take it off your hands. Good luck mate!
    edited August 2023
    Thanks, @robdynamiteI'm in two minds about selling that one in particular, but something's caught my eye (again!) so...!

^ highlighting these two as the finish and figure changes a lot with the light levels, it's a lovely piece of mahogany :)
  • Aaaaaaaaaaand the Explorer is sold/being part-ex'd :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Greco sold, bump for the 594