I'm done getting

What's Hot
mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

more dirt pedals.

I've just ordered an MXR Custom Badass 78, which should be with me early next week.

I think I've covered every possible dirt needed.

Call back next week when I've ordered number 23.........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3675
    edited October 2014
    Covering every possible dirt pedal is never going to happen. I have 11 standalone dirt pedals plus a Zoom G3 and an M13 plus a couple of modeling amps.

I still need more.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Covering every possible dirt pedal is never going to happen. I have 11 standalone dirt pedals plus a Zoom G3 and an M13 plus a couple of modeling amps.

I still need more.
    need or want?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

With standalone stompies, I can cover everything from Pink Floyd to Slayer.

Some are better as lead boost, some rhythm, some are an alternative to an amp.

I think I have covered every possible dirt situation with 22 pedals....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• need or want?
    Ppffttt. What's the difference?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    All my dirt comes from my amp (plus a clean boost). I can't see myself ever wanting more. But have thought on occasions about a Fuzz :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • need or want?
    Ppffttt. What's the difference?

:-@
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4640
    edited October 2014
    hotpickups said: All my dirt comes from my amp (plus a clean boost). I can't see myself ever wanting more. But have thought on occasions about a Fuzz :)

I had the same thing, my amp was my dirt, then i bought a Hardwire SC-2 and now i have dirt AND distortion and it sounds twice as bad ass
    and way more tweakable.. love that pedal
  • vizviz Frets: 10775
    I only ever get keeley dirt pedals. Hence I have 9 dirt pedals. :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.

The Hardwire is awesomes as a standalone into a clean amp.

I've yet to try it into a dirtyamp as a boost.

@DesVegas have you tried an MXR Distortion+ into a dirty amp? If not, you really should. Tighter low-end brighter, more "sparkly" top-end. and enough gain to sink, raise, and resink a battleship.

^ no i haven't mike but now i will, what have you got against battleships?

Nothing, just saying there's a lot of gain available should you like that sort of thing.

In case you hadn't guessed I do like gain........

i did hear that about you.. captain gainer they call you round these parts ... gaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiinerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17905
    tFB Trader
    You just have to get into fuzz pedals now and the whole story can start again.
    @monquixote ; I don't get on with Fuzz. Closest I have/can get on with is the Mr Ed which, when used in conjunction with a Distortron gives a nice Gilmourish fuzzy-yet-clean lead sound.

tFB Trader
    Maybe you just haven't found the right fuzz yet. 

I think you need to buy 20 or so to find out. 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31150
    Me too.

I just tried a gamete of things, only to conclude that I'd got the best in the first place.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Maybe you just haven't found the right fuzz yet. 

I think you need to buy 20 or so to find out. 
    Aw, now I want 22 fuzz pedals.
    <:-P

tFB Trader
    There is a Swollen Pickle on the classifieds that I really want. That's pretty close to fuzz heaven.
    Well go get it then.......

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    Gassage said:
    Me too.

I just tried a gamete of things, only to conclude that I'd got the best in the first place.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister