SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Suhr Alt T. Anybody selling?

What's Hot
Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16413
    Coda have one (Sunburst )
  • mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 521
    There's a nice one on reverb at about 1700.

Bargain imho
  • ChimpankieChimpankie Frets: 380
    Good price but ‘very good’ with that dent is a stretch!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9836
    Must have the Thornbuckers imho.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7202
    Heres one, but I picked an identical one up on here a few years ago for over £500 less.

Suhr Alt T in Black, Pre-Owned - Electric Guitars from Sound Affects UK

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Andy_StringsAndy_Strings Frets: 210
    I've had both and preferred the SSV.  Serious question (because I just don't understand and seemingly neither do Suhr) why so much fuss over the Thornbuckers? 
    'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
  • They’re both great pickups. I changed from the SSV to TB+ on my Classic Antique. The SSV is a little hairier on the top end. Both have great clarity. 
    I really enjoyed mine. Sold it earlier this year for 1800. Often regret that and still keep an eye out. There's some crazily optimistic pricing around when they do come up but if you don't mind a wait, you'll get one in that ball park. It wasn't a quick seller as I recall. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9836
    I've had both and preferred the SSV.  Serious question (because I just don't understand and seemingly neither do Suhr) why so much fuss over the Thornbuckers? 
    Its the clarity of the TBs, as they break up.

Imho they are the closest pickups to the Fender (original vintage) wide range pickups.
    Its hard to recreate the sound and feel of these.

My old Alt T Pro was the most versatile guitar ive ever owned. It felt almost vintage, and was amazing live.

I never could quite get on with that Suhr headstock though, as fickle as i am :)

• Andy_StringsAndy_Strings Frets: 210

Imho they are the closest pickups to the Fender (original vintage) wide range pickups.

I never could quite get on with that Suhr headstock though, as fickle as i am :)

It's funny how we all hear different things... anyone would think we had different playing styles. The funny thing is, I prefer the SSVs for exactly the same reason that you like the TBs.  :). I think the TBs are a bit too gnarly (probably upper mids) but I'm fairly clean, just on the edge of breakup and the SSVs are super smooth.  (I'm with you on the headstock though)..
    'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16413

My old Alt T Pro was the most versatile guitar ive ever owned. It felt almost vintage, and was amazing live.

I'm guessing you've never owned a Tyler ......
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robmac5150robmac5150 Frets: 185
    Dominic said:

I'm guessing you've never owned a Tyler ......
    Amen to that. Each to their own though I guess.