Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

My band split up because...

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27946
    DesVegas said:
    The drummers wife had been shagging our new bass player for the last three months.
    What's your excuse..?
    You have (had) a girl bassist???
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4633
    No TT, he was a he.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Our drummer's lovely. As are the rest of the lads. They tolerate me very well indeed. :)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    Wouldn't happen in my band. We are all ugly as fuck ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4788
    edited October 2014
    Ugly as fuck....now that's a great band name!! :P
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 912
    My best band split was when I once turned up to a gig wearing a t shirt I`d had specially printed that read `guitarist seeks less boring band, enquire here`. There was a difference of opinion - I thought it was funny, the rest of the band didn`t................ prompted by song choices and refusals of sensible suggestions at previous practices. The really funny thing is the singer was dyslectic (not funny in itself I appreciate!) and didn`t realise what the t shirt said until after the gig when the bass player explained it to him. He was fine with it until then.

This isn`t a regular thing for me - usually I`m really easy to get on with. Promise!
    :-)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    newi123 said:
    My best band split was when I once turned up to a gig wearing a t shirt I`d had specially printed that read `guitarist seeks less boring band, enquire here`. There was a difference of opinion - I thought it was funny, the rest of the band didn`t................ prompted by song choices and refusals of sensible suggestions at previous practices. The really funny thing is the singer was dyslectic (not funny in itself I appreciate!) and didn`t realise what the t shirt said until after the gig when the bass player explained it to him. He was fine with it until then.

This isn`t a regular thing for me - usually I`m really easy to get on with. Promise!
    :-)
    Well all I can say is if you did that in my band I would have fired you on the spot. Why would you think that would be funny? It's not all about you know :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    newi123;396222" said:

This isn`t a regular thing for me - usually I`m really easy to get on with. Promise!:-)

I'll have one of those t's dude.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • GeorgieGeorgie Frets: 19
    mike_l said:
    A tantric fuck - is that not a contradiction??!!!!???
  • GeorgieGeorgie Frets: 19
    mike_l said:
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Georgie said:
    mike_l said:

Not according to Sting and wife.......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4633
    Sting's wife reminds me a lot of that water alien from The Abyss
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12093
    "Drummer's wife"? are they allowed to marry?
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    "Drummer's wife"? are they allowed to marry?

You've never heard of "sham marriages"?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    randomhandclaps;376315" said:

also who f***s a bass player? ... I dunno, but he's one lucky fella ;)

but bloke bass players, I don't know ... I have heard Drummers wives are used to social stigma and take a licking better than most.

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 691
    Those girl bass players are boring. Corey Parks us way more interesting.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3098
    edited November 2014
    Can't believe you missed out Tina Weymouth http://www.talking-heads.nl/gallery/tomtomclub/tina/tinabass.gif
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• My last band (Rock covers) split because the drummer and singer went off to form a Motley Crue tribute.

I mean...it's like your missus running away with Chubby Brown, isn't it?

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pia Maiocco ???
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1678
    edited November 2014
    I was once in an 8 piece Soul Band with three girls backing singers, when it all finally came out and fell apart it was like a f**king soap opera.

To start with, of the three girls in the band, one was the bass players official girlfriend and one was the drummers.

The Sax player was shagging all three of them. The drummer was shagging two of them (including his girlfriend) and I was shagging the bass players girlfriend. 

The bass player and the sax player were also shagging anything in a skirt that came to the shows.

It was hard to keep up with I'll tell you.

Oh, and the bass player was my wife's brother......

We're divorced now.

Rob.
    5reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom