SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: ALL SOLD | Gretsch Penguin 1 of 12, Les Paul Std 50s, 60s Kay E-100

What's Hot
TheToneTurnerTheToneTurner Frets: 75
edited September 2023 in Guitars £
Hey team, 

Looking to move on some guitars to fund a special (to me) purchase. We've got a guitar for every budget here. For all of these, I live down in Hastings in East Sussex so would be happy to meet up half way somewhere to make delivery easy. I also work in London once a week so could bring it up and meet there too.

Not looking for trades at the moment, I'm afraid. 

Guitar 1.
Gretsch G6134T Penguin in firemist silver and (so much) gold. This is one of only 12 Penguins released in this colour, a very limited edition from late 2020. There's a video of the Gretsch rep talking about it here with some more info. Glorious Penguin specs; ebony board, bone nut, neo-classic thumbnail inlays, standard 'U' neck, bigsby, rocking bar bridge with ebony base, jeweled G-arrow knobs and TV Jones TV Classic pickups. Plus hard case and ALL the candy.

Never been gigged, home use only, lives in the case. Has one tiny mark on the back (you can see in the pics), which was there when it arrived. But I was never going to find another!

Asking for £3100 £2950 £2600 for a quick sale of this super limited work of art.

Penguin photo album here

Guitar 2 – SOLD

Gibson Les Paul Standard 50s in heritage cherry. I only bought this guitar about 2 months ago, brand new from Andertons for £2499. It has been in its case most of the time since then so it's still mint with all the candy. It's a wonderful guitar and is so good it's actually the reason I'm selling all of these. It reminded me how much I like Les Pauls. I've now found one that is causing me to move this one and the others. So it was worth getting it just for the revelation. Standard 50s specs on this one and I think the weight was a little over 9lbs.

The guys in the shop said the new LP's coming are going to be a few hundred quid more expensive (could have been a sales trick, of course!). But a good chance to get a brand new, practically unplayed guitar cheaper than your average bear.

Asking for £1950 £1800 £1700

Les Paul photo album here

Guitar 3 – SOLD
Vintage 60s Kay E-100. The tulip guitar. This guitar is a pure bit of fun. I bought this from my local luthier, True Notes, who I have used for years and the work he does is magic. This was his personal guitar so it's playing better than it probably ever had any right to. I don't have specs, all I can tell you is the Teisco pick up sounds bloody brilliant and for a 60 year old guitar it's in awesome condition.

Asking for £175 (I think the cheapest on Reverb is about £215). I did say there was a guitar for every budget.

Kay photo album here

Thanks so much for looking. Please shout if you have any questions. 
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8333
    All lovely things!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That Gretsch is filth!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 801
    Wowsers! what a Penguin to p.p... pick up!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Coming in with the, ‘I just tried the guitar I want to buy when I sell these’ bump. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm going to pop these up for sale in a couple of other places but want to keep the prices here lower so here's a cheeky price drop before the weekend. I'm away for a week and a half from tomorrow but if you're interested let me know and I can arrange collection as soon as I'm back. 

Thanks all!
  • Kay has sold, thanks so much!

Penguin and Les Paul still available if anyone fancies a deal.
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1807
    The penguin looks nice
  • The penguin looks nice
    Thanks! Yeah, it’s really quite glorious. It’s honestly only one of my bucket list guitars that’s making me sell it. I will definitely miss it. But these things go around so who knows, maybe I’ll see it again one day! 
  • Price drop bump – good prices here, help a brother out!  ;)
  • That Penguin is beautiful.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Les Paul has found a home. Thanks gang!
  • Last price drop on the Penguin to hopefully get a bite here before I go down some kind of commission sales rabbit hole this weekend.

£2600 for this super limited rare bird. What do you say?
  • Thanks all, these are gone. New guitar in my hands. Super happy. 
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1807
    edited September 2023
    Hope the gretsch penguin had
    s gone to a good home
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1338
    Great photos.