SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

(Sold) Gibson Les Paul 1958 Reissue (2011 R8)

What's Hot
SixStringSageSixStringSage Frets: 140
edited August 2023 in Guitars £
Update: I've been offered £2600 from a shop and I'm tempted to take it for the convenience. The guitar is available to whoever wants to match that price and collect it. Would prefer to avoid couriers but happy to meet partway. 

Reluctantly selling my R8 as I'm downsizing the collection to fund a new R9.

My tech serviced it a few months ago so it's had a fret levelling/dressing and barely been played since. The electronics all work perfectly and it comes with original case, case candy, and COA.

I've taken a lot of photos so hopefully it speaks for itself. There is some buckle rash on the back, and some small minor dings around the back edge but these haven't broken the paint. For a 12 year old guitar I think it's doing pretty well for itself!

Elsewhere, it's pristine - the top seems to be flawless, and the neck and fretboard are perfect.

Image library is here: https://imgur.com/a/5ORBAfk

Ideally looking for collection from Aylesford, Kent, to avoid any potential issues with couriers. But I'm open to meeting partway if needed.

Looking for £3200 ono
Reducing to £2900.
I've been offered £2600 from a shop and I'm tempted to take it for the convenience. The guitar is available to whoever wants to match that price and collect it.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bump - price drop to £2600
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10921
    Wow. Looks good man
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    Lovely. I'm assuming that a 2011 one will have the 58 neck profile?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • roberty said:
    Wow. Looks good man
    Thanks! It’s absolutely amazing - both in looks and playability. 

Hattigol said:
    Lovely. I'm assuming that a 2011 one will have the 58 neck profile?
    Yes, I call it a baseball bat neck - definitely fatter than the newer R8s that I’ve played. The closest neck I’ve found of a similar size is my Epiphone 56 Goldtop
  • Bump - still available. Last few days before it goes to the shop 
  • PennPenn Frets: 714

Nice guitar!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Penn said:

Nice guitar!
    Thanks! It’s yours if you want it!
  • CarbonCopyCarbonCopy Frets: 264
    Very nice. How much does it weigh?
  • Very nice. How much does it weigh?
    I think it’s just over 9lbs
  • Man thats pretty, great price too!!! im 400 short in the savings or id be all over that
  • Man thats pretty, great price too!!! im 400 short in the savings or id be all over that
    Thank you, she’s special for sure. You’re at £2200?
    Yeah man,m
    Yeah man,m
    I couldn't do that low unfortunately, but if you're interested in at £2600 I'm not against holding it.
  • Rob1742Rob1742 Frets: 1107
    Incredible price, I just paid £3500 for mine. The other thing I like is you offering at the trade in value, which is what I often do with cars. Ensures people get a good deal. I applaud you for offering out like that 
  • NachoarNachoar Frets: 21
    If i sell my lsl ill buy this 
  • CoeCoe Frets: 22
    Cracking guitar at a cracking price - I should know as I also own one 
  • Rob1742 said:
    Incredible price, I just paid £3500 for mine. The other thing I like is you offering at the trade in value, which is what I often do with cars. Ensures people get a good deal. I applaud you for offering out like that 
    Thank you. With inflation and pricing going crazy I thought try to make it easier for someone. I’m selling 4 guitars to fund an R9, three have sold and this is the last one. It brings me up a little short but comfortable enough as the store gave me a year to pay it off with no interest. So I figured I’ll try to offer a nice custom shop guitar at a good price for someone. 
  • I get paid Friday, let me see what I can do after the important stuff is paid lol
  • I get paid Friday, let me see what I can do after the important stuff is paid lol
    Guitars are important, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Guitars are important, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
    LOL adulting mate, switching mortgages and alot of outgoings this month. Guitars come in alot slower these days