SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD

What's Hot
lesyeuxnoirslesyeuxnoirs Frets: 114
edited September 2023 in Guitars £
Possibly a bit niche but may be of interest to some of the jazzers or archtop enthusiasts on here...

A friend of mine has asked me to help in selling these two fine ATC175 jazz boxes for him. 1 is the P90 version in sunburst, the other is the humbucker version in blonde/natural 

These MIJ guitars are, in a nutshell, incredible. They are seriously high-end 175 style guitars made from top quality materials, with top quality components, by highly skilled craftsmen (sic). They should not be confused with the Archtop Tribute AT105 models - which are themselves fine guitars, but these ATC175s are in a different league and are effectively Westville guitars (I also think it is the same team that makes Sadowsky archtops but I could be wrong). I am happy to point people in the direction of more info and accolades if interested. 

I don't really like statements to the effect of 'better than/as good as any Gibson' but these can be legitimately seen as comparable to the very best Gibson 175s. What I will say is that they have all of that 'Made in Japan' quality that you see in, for example, MIJ Ibanez jazz guitars. But unlike a lot of Japanese-made guitars there isn't any hint of that 'perfection' giving way to sterility. They are not overly stiff or bright, either, which is really nice.  They have a nitro finish too, which you don't normally see on MIJ archtops. To my mind and my ears, they sound and feel like a nice, warm, vintage 175 and really nail the elusive 'thunk' (to borrow a word that gets used on the jazz guitar forum) of a classic Gibson laminate box 

Both of these guitars are 2023 models (with 2023 sn) in basically 'new' condition. The film is still on the pick guards and truss rod covers. He is selling them for no other reason than he bought several guitars from Japan and is keeping the ones that suit his needs best

He kindly offered me first refusal on these and I am really tempted but also trying to exercise some self control, not least because I am not really in the market for (or a position to justify) another archtop!

They each come with OHSC, truss rod key, a few Westville picks, and a warranty card  

A couple of pictures here 

Pricing - he's looking for £1950 for each of them on the basis that it would cost way north of £2K to get one of these here from Japan (after you have paid for the case, the shipping and the taxes etc). 

Trades - the only things he's interested in are high-end acoustics and has said 'Waterloo Archtop', 'Collings Julian Lage', and 'Lowden Jazz models' as things on his wish list. I assume that cash must also be involved in some scenarios but will check with him if anybody is interested

Feel free to get in touch with any questions and I'll pass them on/get answers ASAP. I can take more/better quality pictures that I can send by email 

Collection in Manchester but can arrange meet ups/delivery within an hour of here or possibly in the Gloucestershire/Bristol area

Think that covers it! 

Formerly known as EvansDrD
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jazzy_JakeJazzy_Jake Frets: 140
    Wow, beautiful guitars, and VERY hard to find in the UK.

A big proportion of the top modern jazz pros play Westvilles, so they are doing something right!

GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks @Jazzy_Jake ;

I’ve fixed the picture quality in the post above as well
    Formerly known as EvansDrD
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom