Zoom R12 - anyone used one?

What's Hot
I am thinking of buying a Zoom R12. I'm *hoping* that it's the type of thing that would help me get into the writing/recording zone more often without Mr. Procrastination sticking his ugly head in my way. Has anyone on the forum used one? What's your experience? Any alternatives out there that do the same thing that I should also consider?

Any advice much appreciated!

My trading feedback thread
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I think @joetele uses an R8 for all his albums. https://paleblurs.bandcamp.com/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    edited August 2023
    I think @joetele uses an R8 for all his albums. https://paleblurs.bandcamp.com/
    Indeed I do! Don't let that put you off, though. 

I personally love it because it's got the user friendliness of the old Tascam 4 tracks without getting bogged down in menus. And I can get very decent results with it. I don't have the inclination to use a pc so this works fine for me. I just tidy up the final edits in Audacity using the master file once saved. 

You can do as little or as much as you want with it too - from editing, mastering and adding drum rhythms (built in). I've had mine for over ten years. 

If it's going for a reasonable price, give it a go - they tend to hold their value. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LeisceoirLeisceoir Frets: 156

Thanks for the info @joetele ;, that's cool to hear you've used the R8 for that long and got that much out of it! Think I'll give the R12 a go then and see how I get on. They seem to be around £200-250 new so should be decent value. 

My trading feedback thread
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    I had a fair bit of use out of the R16, and that was around the same price, excellent bits of kit, updated versions seem to get more complicated.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom