Ranking Dinosaur Jr Albums

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72528

Being 100% honest, though, I find it hard to remember which Dino Jr album is which. I do love them as a band but the records aren't exactly diverse... 
    I had loads of them (cough) 'unoffically' downloaded, but ended up thinking that the only one I have on CD - Where You Been - was enough to not bother with the rest.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 377
    edited August 2023
    I prefer Lou Barlow. I've had Bug on vinyl since I paid £3.99 for it when it came out.
    I put this song on a digital compilation and burnt a cd of said same shortly
     before we embarked on our almost 19 years and counting adventure.
    Mrs J is allergic to cat dander.

• JfingersJfingers Frets: 377
    wtf?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72528
    I sold Lou Barlow an HH bass head once… seriously :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 336
    edited September 2023
    I never knew he covered this song, or should I say I never expected him to cover such a song?

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5006

Odd to think that Mascis is a big influence on grindcore.
  • Vintage65 said:
    Best song; Freak Scene?
    The Wagon, for me. 

I knew the earlier stuff and our local nightclub played Freak Scene to death but it was The Wagon for me and Green Mind that got me loving them.. Where You Been is start to finish a great album IMO and Get Me is probably my fave D.Jr song.

Where You Been must've been a hard album to follow but I think Without a Sound is decent album.
  • I caught them on the "reunion" Beyond tour... My ears are still ringing. 4 100W marshalls cranked in close-proximity is a painful experience

You're Living All Over Me, Bug and Green Mind are my favourites. The songwriting probably improved after that point, but they didn't quite capture that energy in the later albums for me (but I can still enjoy them)