Its finished!

What's Hot
MikkiMcMurdererMikkiMcMurderer Frets: 352
edited October 2014 in FX
The Bright Onion 20 loop switcher is in - I managed to squeeze everything in by building a hinged shelf.
It was an insane amount of plugs and cable but the sound is so much clearer and the tap dance is much easier as everything is easy to reach. 
The signal comes into a master board bypass (a Keeley looper I had there from before) into the tuner, noise gate, solo booster and compressor that are always on and provide buffering and then everything else is in its own loop.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 31150
    Crazy thing!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 562

O.M.G it must weight a ton.

Nice though!

• Gassage said:
    Crazy thing!
    Yeah I know - and thanks for your forewarning but luckily it does make things better for me - I gigged it last night and it really sounded cool and helped me be more creative....it was a fun woodwork and wiring challenge!
  • ROOG said:

Nice though!

35kg!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    ROOG said:

Nice though!

35kg!
    You knew that before I asked didn't you?
    >:D<

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's brilliant! Nice work.
    I have a question though for you guys with these vast pedal boards:

How do you decide on the order of the pedals?
    I mean, I know what order effects are supposed to go in, but when you have multiple fx doing similar jobs, don't you just drive yourself nuts with the infinite possibilities and 'what ifs'...? 
    Plus, when you want to change something or try something th velcro can be a right pain.
  • ROOG said:
    ROOG said:

Nice though!

35kg!
    You knew that before I asked didn't you?
    >:D<
    LOL, yep I was heaving it downstairs past the bathroom yesterday and decided to put it on the scales!
  • That's brilliant! Nice work.
    I have a question though for you guys with these vast pedal boards:

How do you decide on the order of the pedals?
    I mean, I know what order effects are supposed to go in, but when you have multiple fx doing similar jobs, don't you just drive yourself nuts with the infinite possibilities and 'what ifs'...? 
    Plus, when you want to change something or try something th velcro can be a right pain.
    Thanks!
    Well order is a personal thing with lots of trial and error. Personally I've settled on having most of my modulations before the drives as I like them giving more subtle movement to the sound rather than really accented. The only exception is the Boss flanger which is after the drives to give the massive jet sound. As for drives, I like going low drive to high gain as I like to stack low into high to give more gain. The only exception is that the Tube Screamer is first of all the drives set to really hit the Timmy and Rust Booster hard into harder gain when they are normal set to very mild break up. 
    I don't velcro any more, I screw the bastards down with things like soldering eyelets or Johnny Shredfreak brackets as I hate things moving about in transit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9779
    That's like a box of chocolates on Boxing Day. You think they're all gone, but you lift out the tray AND THERE'S ANOTHER LAYER!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is he Nels Cline?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • That's like a box of chocolates on Boxing Day. You think they're all gone, but you lift out the tray AND THERE'S ANOTHER LAYER!
    Good one!