New Delay Day!

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27757
edited October 2014 in FX

Last week I discovered I can get Thomann to ship all the way to my office in Abu Dhabi for €50, which is not spectacular, but when ordering an amp gives me an excellent excuse to get "free" postage on something else. So I found something else in the form of a TC Alter Ego X4 in B-stock which mae it half the price of one in the only guitar shop here. It's really bloody good. First pedal I've bought in 18 months! :D

New pedal day. It's been a while but this is fun
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Vey nice. Looks like hours of fun in that box.
  • LOL, loving the idea of spending the best part of £200 on a pedal 'cos you have free postage  :D

Bet it sounds ace though. I really miss my fancy-ass delay pedals (even though I know fine well I sold them because they never, ever got used). 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27757
    It was actually way less than that - I don't have to pay 20% VAT, and it was B-stock too, so it was under 150 :p :D

The only thing this doesn't do perfectly is the "Still Haven't Found" U2 rhythmic sound. The double-rhythm delay is good but I don't think it's quite the right rhythm for that.

Looking forward to getting it up louder when the new amp arrives :)
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13049
    edited October 2014
    Good work. So whats the amp?

Loving that they shipped them to you separately given the scenario in question. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27757
    Good work. So whats the amp?

Loving that they shipped them to you separately given the scenario in question. 
    I know! Amp is a Laney L5T - the "little" Lionheart. It should be my ideal intended combination of VC15 preamp with bigger cabinet and squishier power amp. And a LOT cheaper than a Badcat Cub! That's the plan anyway...