Helix on a budget.. Donner Arena 2000

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18077
    tFB Trader
    Kebabkid said:
    Sporky said:
    I wonder if it's like the AV world. There are a lot of conferencing bars - basically USB soundbar with a camera and mics built in. From all sorts of companies. 

Many of them were designed by the same roving band of designers, incorporating a bit of the individual companies' technology (fer instance if they have their own audio or camera technology).

It's entirely possible that the same happens with guitar DSP stuff. Line6 and Boss have their own developers I'd bet, but some of the smaller companies may use roving freelancers. 
    A friend is obsessed and buys all these type of cheap sub-£200/mini-units and mini amps and then sells them if he doesn't like them and so I get to try them. The Nux ones were OK but the Hotone Ampero was probably the best. That said, he recently sold a lot of them and bought the Boss ME-90

The Nux ones aren't all the same. They've gone through about 3 generations of modelling
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32236
    Danny1969 said:
    The real Helix on a budget is the Pod Go. I mean it's the same amps and cabs and most of the effects of the Helix but available for £250 used on a good day. 
    I've just started gigging one and it's the most impressed I've been with a modeller live so far. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12811
    He reminds me of the kind of person who works in a guitar shop, and when you ask him if you can try out a guitar/amp he says yes sure then proceeds to play his own overly percussive style through it at a totally different volume and gain level than you'd like to try, while you stand and wait for your chance to actually have a go
    Ah them, they call then "staff in guitar shops"...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    Not me however, I love Donner...
    Naan, all salad, garlic mayo and chili sauce please
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10166
    He reminds me of the kind of person who works in a guitar shop, and when you ask him if you can try out a guitar/amp he says yes sure then proceeds to play his own overly percussive style through it at a totally different volume and gain level than you'd like to try, while you stand and wait for your chance to actually have a go
    Usually rubbish staff in rubbish shops, not representative of good staff in shops
    Taking part in 1000 Lights - raising money for Uprawr Mental Health Foundation
    https://www.justgiving.com/page/pianomatt-1000lights
    Usually rubbish staff in rubbish shops, not representative of good staff in shops
    Joking aside, happily conceded :)
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7445
    Sporky said:
     the same roving band of designers, 

I'm concerned. What can I do to deter them? Do I need to make sure there is always a camp fire or should I just make sure I stick to the King's road which is regularly  patrolled? Can they  detect traps?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4861
    edited September 2023
    p90fool said:
    Danny1969 said:
    The real Helix on a budget is the Pod Go. I mean it's the same amps and cabs and most of the effects of the Helix but available for £250 used on a good day. 
    I've just started gigging one and it's the most impressed I've been with a modeller live so far. 
    v1.5 is in Beta testing so hopefully shouldn't be too much longer and should up Pod Go's game even further with the anticipated new cab engine, IRs,  amps and fx from Helix v3.5.  Helix is on v3.6 so we'll have to see if Line 6 include those new amp, fx and cabs too.  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)