Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Amp covers?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73157
    Yorkie said:

The cab is very strong, but the tolex is certainly not bulletproof.
    The older ones were - the particular rough tolex they used will strip the skin from your knuckles if you’re not careful, and is apparently bonded to the wood with the same glue that Boeing later found was OK for holding the wings onto a 787…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Another vote for Hot Covers. I’ve got four on various amps plus a gig bag for another little amp, and they’re brilliant
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1565
    ICBM said:
    Yorkie said:

The cab is very strong, but the tolex is certainly not bulletproof.
    The older ones were - the particular rough tolex they used will strip the skin from your knuckles if you’re not careful, and is apparently bonded to the wood with the same glue that Boeing later found was OK for holding the wings onto a 787…
    How old are we talking about? Mine is a red stripe.
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73157
    Yorkie said:

Older than the Transtubes - Solo series (80s-90s) and earlier.

Like reinforced concrete with gravel render on :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    Yorkie said:

Older than the Transtubes - Solo series (80s-90s) and earlier.
    Ah, the one that survived the swarm attack in Stranger Things then. A true legend. 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1408
    rsvmark said:
    Roqsolid/ thread
    Oooops, Hotcovers actually!
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19522
    I bought a Hotcovers for an old Marshall.
    Excellent quality & fit, but bloody hell, they ain't cheap  B)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jw_H-535jw_H-535 Frets: 12
    Roqsolid. All my covers have come from them and always survived years of heavy use and heavy hands. 

• Studio slips

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Studio slips

Did you get any additional padding? Or is this just the standard? They do look great
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • Can recommend both Roq Solid and Hotcovers, Roq Solids customer service is better but the Hotcovers has better padding if that's preferred.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• @MrSwanson said:

Studio slips

Did you get any additional padding? Or is this just the standard? They do look great
    Standard. For home use most of the time. 

Studio slips

How can you expect people to look at the covers with that ******ing amazing blue Gretsch in the picture? 

Jon

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Hot covers for me!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hotcovers for me. My PA, amps and speakers all have them fitted. Excellent quality and good customer service. Not expensive if you consider what goes in to making them.