Atomic Amplifire users

What's Hot
Putting up this thread to bring together Atomic Amplifire users to share hints  tips, presets etc. I know you're still out there somewhere ;-)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    I have an Amplifire 3 but it’s only used as a back up unit for gigs and occasionally for band practice so doesn’t get loads of love. I like it but the fx are a faff to tweak and it’s a meat and potatoes unit. Having said that, it’s got me out of trouble a couple of times and I’ve had compliments on the sound.
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400
    edited August 2023
    I knew there was someone else out there
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    I've got Firebox Mk2 - bought with a project in mind which hasn't gone anywhere yet. I don't use it much but when I do I'm always happy with how good it sounds !
  • onyironyir Frets: 45
    I also have a AA3 as a backup, but haven't used it in years. It sounded good, though
  • onyir said:
    I also have a AA3 as a backup, but haven't used it in years. It sounded good, though
    Same here
    Well, this looks interesting...

• What happened after 2 seconds?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sorbz62sorbz62 Frets: 83
    I just bought a used Amplifire 3 on a whim as I saw that Satchel uses one in Steel Panther and it sounds wicked.  I play direct to FOH in my band and have moved from an FM3, Amp onto Torpedo Live, GX100 (still using that one) and others.

I'm going to add this to my pedalboard with my GigRig G3 to better control it. Reports to come.

Jim out!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7157
    So Tonocracy is the new AI modeling software from Atomic, it looks interesting but the main site isn't doesn't have much real detail about the software yet. 
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
    edited November 2023
    I have a solo (singer song writer) gig coming up - a fair bit will be Acoustic but a few of my songs were written on electric guitar and that's how I like to play them. This is exactly what my FireBox is for. The PA FOH is being provided I jut want control over my sound without needing a van to carry my gear. Acoustic guitar, Electric guitar, acoustic amp and the atomic Firebox sorted - back seat of the car one carrying in and out and decent sounds on the night

Well that went surprisingly well the firebox did its thing without a hitch. I ended up doing my whole set on electric guitar as I was just in my comfort zone. Lots of good comments on my guitar tone - lots of surprised looks from purists that I was using an amp modeller and monitoring it from an acoustic amp. I DI'ed into the PA so no need to mic up which made the front of house sound set up very simple for the sound guys. 

Very light carry in/out for me acoustic guitar on my back electric in one hand (cables, mic, firebox etc in the front of gigbags) and loud box mini in the other hand. in a small quiet venue that would be all I'd need with a mic stand of course. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Nice. Amplifire is massively underrated imho. Just a shame that the company is run so poorly, as the product is excellent.
    I think you're right the product is very good - I really like the user interface - Knobs on the front twist and turn - Yes I use the editor but once I've dropped in an amp and basic FX set up its wysiwyg ;)
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 988
    Always loved this video of Rabe playing through the Ampli-Firebox

Skip to 6:20mins for the guitar playing, if it doesn't jump straight there.

• I had an AA6 and the amp models were superb, but there were endless parameters to adjust, making it extremely difficult to find those great tones. I now have a GX100 and the tones are at least as good with far fewer parameters needing to be adjusted. Atomic need to make their tones far easier to find to tempt me back.
  • Tia_ProjectTia_Project Frets: 1
    I absolutely still love and use my AA3!

I think the friedman amps and the dumble are amazing. Incredibly responsive and dynamic. 

Information I could not make the SLO and the mesas sound nearly decent so open to any secret suggestion!

I am not personally a fan of the stock IRs, but with 3rd parties ones and a generous roll-off is still hold its ground.
    edited April 4

I think the friedman amps and the dumble are amazing. Incredibly responsive and dynamic. 

Information I could not make the SLO and the mesas sound nearly decent so open to any secret suggestion!

I am not personally a fan of the stock IRs, but with 3rd parties ones and a generous roll-off is still hold its ground.
    You are Bob Bradshaw and I claim my £5.

Seriously though, very nice tones there and fully agree that the Friedman models are ace. I also like the Deluxe model for cleans and the Plexi for mid gain.

Ownhammer IRs and 6.6k rolloff for the win.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    The fx are a major PITA but the amp sounds with good IR's, are very good indeed. A few months back I was taking my Axe fx 2 to a gig and thought I'd bring the AA3 as back up. I did a comparison through a Boss LS2 so I could switch back and forth and there really wasn't that much in it.
  • Tia_ProjectTia_Project Frets: 1
    NelsonP said:

You are Bob Bradshaw and I claim my £5.

Seriously though, very nice tones there and fully agree that the Friedman models are ace. I also like the Deluxe model for cleans and the Plexi for mid gain.

Ownhammer IRs and 6.6k rolloff for the win.
    Thank you so much! I doubt Bradshaw would be proud of my cabling though....