SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Arbiter Les Paul Junior 70s Singlecut

What's Hot
Any of the above going cheap? Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4244
    I remember when these came out, some of the DC's were incredibly well done, single piece neck and body etc
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 459
    edited September 2023
    I’m always on the lookout for one as I borrowed one when I was 15 (44 years ago!). Best guitar I gigged as a teenager. Set neck , good action and nice pickup. And strangely I don’t think I’ve ever seen an Ibanez branded one (I think Ivor arbiter had them imported from the Ibanez / matsumoka factory?). They do pop up on fleabay / reverb evert now and again, but can be over priced at times for what they are. One was there for over £700 a few weeks ago. Good luck with the hunt. 
  • Yeah i had the DC version but always like the SC more. One just popped up on Reverb for £825! Crazy price but i bet it won't sel They're a £400 guitar or less depending on condition in my opinion. 

Cheers
  • I guess stuff like this helps drive up the prices... Just like certain pedals etc that become flavour of the month on youtube.

• Yep true dude
    Yes, £400 feels about right for a straight one. Happy hunting 
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7243
    edited September 2023
    There has been one for sale on Facebook up in Scotland for the last week and they want £849

• I am a huge Billy Bragg fan I would love an Arbiter or similar, but not at that price. I really need to sell some stuff first.
  • flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    edited September 2023
    I had, and think I possibly sold it on here too? Had it up for £370?  A circa 75’ double cutaway in tobacco sunburst with a Fralin P90, CTS 500k pots, Russian k4y09 PIO cap, Switchcraft Jack. aged Tonepro 2 Locking bridge, and a set of aged Gotoh tuners.  Just retrieved all that blurb off of the old for sale thread It was definitely a lovely guitar, 
    Also had an Arbiter Flying V ( bolt on ) many many moons ago, always on the lookout for another one of those.
    I tried to sell my Antonia Flying V (thru neck) on here not that long ago, no interest and it sold on fleabay. Wasnt as good as the bolt on Ibanez one I had in red that I sold many years ago to the guitarist in ABC. It’s the one he used on jools Holland nye show 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13310
    stonevibe said:
    There has been one for sale on Facebook up in Scotland for the last week and they want £849

For a bit of context, this Gibson is on Fleabay for £850.

Picture 1 of 10
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5189
    edited September 2023
    If you put WTB at the start of your thread headline, people will know that you’re looking to buy one rather than selling one.  Good luck with the hunt.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • KoaKoa Frets: 122
    stonevibe said:

Nice sunburst on the Arbiter, price seems high though,anyone dealt with that shop before?
  • Koa said:
    stonevibe said:

Nice sunburst on the Arbiter, price seems high though,anyone dealt with that shop before?
    I bought my Gibson S-1 from them , I can’t remember the guys name off the top of my head but he seemed very open and honest . The guitar was as described and turned up promptly and in one piece too which is always good