Jimmy Buffet

What's Hot
DominicDominic Frets: 16113
A hero of mine .........was only talking to Offset on here yesterday about him .......
great songwriter and Hedonist .
I'll be raising a large Margarita in his honour tonight .
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16113
    I can't quite get my head around this
    Guess he's finally getting that 'Cheeseburger in Paradise '
    He was who I wanted to be when I grew up .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22989
    I know very little about him, other than that story I told the other day about a colleague who was a big Buffett fan, and as far as I know I've never heard any of his music.  

But one thing that strikes me, Googling him just now, is that he looks extraordinarily happy in every picture you see.  I've taken a liking to him without knowing anything about him (I hope you won't tell me he was a well-known Republican party donor or something).

RIP
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Got very pissed in one of his establishments (in Vegas), ending up (with my missus I hasten to add) chatting with a girl in a bikini who'd just been fished from a 6 foot blender of "margarita" - RIP  Jimmy !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Philly_Q said:
    I know very little about him, other than that story I told the other day about a colleague who was a big Buffett fan, and as far as I know I've never heard any of his music.  

But one thing that strikes me, Googling him just now, is that he looks extraordinarily happy in every picture you see.  I've taken a liking to him without knowing anything about him (I hope you won't tell me he was a well-known Republican party donor or something).

RIP
    No idea about his politics.......don't care either way but he carved out a life of pure dreams and zero stress/seriousness
    sailing his boat ,his own Caribbean island,a seaplane ,playing music and drinking lots of Margaritas
  • This was my fave of his. R.I.P

I like 
    5o'clock Somewhere
    Pencil thin Moustache
    Margaritaville
    Son of a son of a sailor man
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    In terms of his music, I only know Margaritaville.

He certainly lived an interesting and full life and made a shed load of money along the way.

I understand there are a number of Margaritaville themed retirement communities.
    Probably in Florida
  • I watched a vlog thing about his restaurants not long ago, properly huge chain. I don’t know about his personal wealth but his name is attached to a big business. And a few memorable songs for sure. RIP Jimmy. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22989
    Just listened to Margaritaville, I've definitely never heard it before.  But what would he care, he was worth $1bn and more importantly it sounds like he enjoyed life.
  • pigfacepigface Frets: 213
    Jalapeno said:
    Got very pissed in one of his establishments (in Vegas), ending up (with my missus I hasten to add) chatting with a girl in a bikini who'd just been fished from a 6 foot blender of "margarita" - RIP  Jimmy !

This one? From 2009 ...

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/avjkkuhro2xmc4i014xom/DSC_3757.JPG?rlkey=fqqevv48pls4nv5wjsd32w3e1&raw=1

We were later in the one on Navy Pier in Chicago, where the server would not serve my wife a coffee because "you don't want to drink our coffee. It's real bad."  =)
  • Love Jimmy Buffet. Had a vinyl copy of the Live Double Album, You Had To be There, since it came out in ‘78. Thanks for the music Jimmy. 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11840
    Dominic said:
    A hero of mine .........was only talking to Offset on here yesterday about him .......
    great songwriter and Hedonist .
    I'll be raising a large Margarita in his honour tonight .
    Oh man.  Dominic, I hadn't seen this.  Absolutely gutted... just wow.

Cheers, I will be raising one too. :-(