Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Maccas Lost Hofner 500/1 - I know it's a bass but thought it would get lost in there...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• rossirossi Frets: 1741
    My friend has a P bass he bought  used in 64 .It had all the  visible paint stripped off so he just sprayed with Holts white .it must be very early  .I have seen the receipt and also known him since the late 70's .He still hasnt put new strings on and it still sounds good .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 4211
    Has anyone asked @HarrySeven to check if it's in a dusty recess of his warehouse?
    Trading feedback thread:https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/172761/drofluf

Sporky: "Drofluf is a reverse vampire, who always appears in mirrors."
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've posted this before, either here or on the old musicradar forum, but my Auntie's now ex husband always said he owned one of John Lennon's guitars.

He apparently bought it in auction back in the 80s, kept it in a vault ever since and said the plan was to pass it on to his children at some point. Not sure if he was telling the truth or not, but he's a Beatles nut, their house was full of other memorabilia, his 7 of his 8 children have Beatles related names and he certainly has enough to cash to be able to afford something like that.
  • RichACRichAC Frets: 747
    his 7 of his 8 children have Beatles related names 
    It’s little Ringo I feel sorry for.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • drofluf said:
    Has anyone asked @HarrySeven to check if it's in a dusty recess of his warehouse?
    Hmmmm...I'll have a look! ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32391
    RichAC said:
    his 7 of his 8 children have Beatles related names 
    It’s little Ringo I feel sorry for.

I bet Egg Man and Walrus were bullied even more. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5035
    I wouldn't be surprised if Egg Man was beaten 
    Call me Dave.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I actually don't think his 61 Hofner is his iconic instrument, that was stolen from Pinewood Studios during the filming of Help in 63, and then replaced by a 63 Hofner - the difference being different pickup spacing, which to me is his is iconic instrument as he's not only owned it for longer than the 61, but played it a hell of a lot more, been seen and photographed with it a lot, and recorded more with it.

As for who owns it, that's simple, Paul does, he never sold it, it was stolen off of him
    It is reported that the '61 went missing in 1969, it had been refinished and repaired after the early years of touring with the 2 pickups installed in a wooden mounting ring.

The difference between the '61 and '63 is the pickup positions and Hofner logo orientation on the headstock, with the '63 having the pickups spaced bridge/neck and the '61 neck and neck/middle. You can see pics of Paul McCartney using the restored/modified '61 in the Get Back sessions although he used the '63 on the rooftop gig. 

Trace The Bass: Paul McCartney's lost Höfner guitar | The Beatles Story, Liverpool
    Ayeeee, this is how I understood it too, it's the original that went missing post Get Back sessions thanks for clearing it up :)

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5214

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I actually don't think his 61 Hofner is his iconic instrument, that was stolen from Pinewood Studios during the filming of Help in 63, and then replaced by a 63 Hofner - the difference being different pickup spacing, which to me is his is iconic instrument as he's not only owned it for longer than the 61, but played it a hell of a lot more, been seen and photographed with it a lot, and recorded more with it.

As for who owns it, that's simple, Paul does, he never sold it, it was stolen off of him

Help was 1965.