Max Ostro - new young talent

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    I do enjoy a bit of widdle, and he has more of a feel than many 'shredders'.

For me though this music is best appreciated watching a video and seeing the playing. An album of 10 tracks in the car and I lose interest
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Does anyone choose to listen to this music outside of just wanting to see some technical wizardy for 30 seconds? 

I find it so utterly baffling - it just feels like the soundtrack to a bad playstation game around 2002
    For me the clips are entertaining in their own right, apart from anything else. And judging by the number of views there's clearly a demand.

Who's to say what's entertaining to different people. It's completely beyond me why people like watching some sports, but I was always a geeky nerd.

Also, his playing goes beyond simple technical wizardry. I hear a fantastic flow of ideas, great time, phrasing and expression. Something to learn from. I purchased his tuition video and pick out stuff I like, to build on and incorporate into my own playing. Well in my case, it's a geriatric version of his ideas :)

There are many many great players, but I hear something special in this guy.

That's fair. I'm not knocking it per se - he's clearly put the hours in and he appears to be really excellent at what he does.  It just doesn't hold any appeal for me personally in the same way that most metal / shred / fusion / jazz doesn't either, I guess.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Does anyone choose to listen to this music outside of just wanting to see some technical wizardy for 30 seconds? 

I find it so utterly baffling - it just feels like the soundtrack to a bad playstation game around 2002
    For me the clips are entertaining in their own right, apart from anything else. And judging by the number of views there's clearly a demand.

Who's to say what's entertaining to different people. It's completely beyond me why people like watching some sports, but I was always a geeky nerd.

Also, his playing goes beyond simple technical wizardry. I hear a fantastic flow of ideas, great time, phrasing and expression. Something to learn from. I purchased his tuition video and pick out stuff I like, to build on and incorporate into my own playing. Well in my case, it's a geriatric version of his ideas :)

There are many many great players, but I hear something special in this guy.

That's fair. I'm not knocking it per se - he's clearly put the hours in and he appears to be really excellent at what he does.  It just doesn't hold any appeal for me personally in the same way that most metal / shred / fusion / jazz doesn't either, I guess.

I guess, with all of these things, we could just say it's down to personal taste. and leave it at that. But that would be no fun, as we wouldn't be able to argue about stuff :)

It's not a competition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  •  

I guess, with all of these things, we could just say it's down to personal taste. and leave it at that. But that would be no fun, as we wouldn't be able to argue about stuff :)

And that's what we're all here for, right? :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10896

And that's what we're all here for, right? :D 
    No it isn't
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7455
    roberty said:

I guess, with all of these things, we could just say it's down to personal taste. and leave it at that. But that would be no fun, as we wouldn't be able to argue about stuff

And that's what we're all here for, right? D 
    No it isn't
    Yes it is.  Clearly you don't have a lot of experience arguing vociferously and vehemently about trivialities.