Which power cab for Helix/ Kemper?

What's Hot
Starplayer91Starplayer91 Frets: 6
edited September 2023 in Digital & Modelling
Looking at getting a Helix/ Kemper. Wondering what power cab/ alternatives people use? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BrioBrio Frets: 1880
    I tried the Kemper Kabinet with my Stage and I liked it a lot. 
    Never got one as I decided to get rid of the Stage and stick with my GT1000 Core. With that I went for a QSC CP8 which has since been replaced by a Yamaha DX12. Not as 'amp in the room' as the Kabinet but any listeners don't complain.
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1483
    Im an unpowered Kemper into a Matrix GT800FX Power amp into a 2X12 zilla with Kemper Kones

Sounds masssive
  • Brio said:
    Never got one as I decided to get rid of the Stage and stick with my GT1000 Core. With that I went for a QSC CP8 which has since been replaced by a Yamaha DX12. Not as 'amp in the room' as the Kabinet but any listeners don't complain.
    I’ve been weighing up the CP8 for my Kemper & HX Stomp - any reason you chose to move on from it?
  • RedSound are the best I’ve used. I’ve been through many, from Yamaha, Line 6, Mission, etc. Brilliant. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • @Starplayer91 this could do with moving to the Digital & Modelling section mate! Just hit 'edit post' then select from the drop-down. 

Re your question - great place to start is the Laney LFR-112 in my opinion. It's like almost an FRFR with a standard guitar cab vibe to it. It it is easy to use, sounds good and gives you a chunk of the 'amp in the room' feel. Inexpensive, even new, as these things go. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • +1 Laney LFR-112

Plenty loud enough, clear sound and not too heavy or expensive.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• RolandRoland Frets: 8760
    Moved to Digital & Modelling
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1880
    Brio said:
    I’ve been weighing up the CP8 for my Kemper & HX Stomp - any reason you chose to move on from it?
    I tried the Yamaha and it just had 'more' of every aspect of sound I wanted. It certainly was more than capable of holding its own when the CP8 was running out of steam. And I was offered it cheaply. Plus they can be found second hand at a reasonable so i can afford to go stereo whereas the QSC seems a bit rarer over here.
    Whether stereo is for anything other than my ego needs to be considered however.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom