Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Marshall style amp head or combo with switchable dual master volumes

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Out of interest, what's your objection to just popping an EQ in the loop?  It's simple, cheap, and you can boost the mids too.
    He said:
    ...don't want to run 4 cables to put a boost in the loop etc.
    Putting an eq in the loop and switching from the front of the stage would require running two additional cables to front of stage (send + return).

The Underliner has a remote switching unit that only requires one cable - the main unit stays close to the amp.

R.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Out of interest, what's your objection to just popping an EQ in the loop?  It's simple, cheap, and you can boost the mids too.
    He said:
    Putting an eq in the loop and switching from the front of the stage would require running two additional cables to front of stage (send + return).

The Underliner has a remote switching unit that only requires one cable - the main unit stays close to the amp.

R.
    Yeah, I get that.  But it's only one more cable than using an amp with a footswitch.  Just seems a lot of hassle/expense finding another amp.  I'm sure the OP can find someone to make him a cable or two...   ;)
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    He said:

R.
    Yeah, I get that.  But it's only one more cable than using an amp with a footswitch.  Just seems a lot of hassle/expense finding another amp.  I'm sure the OP can find someone to make him a cable or two...   ;)
    Setup time, the spare cable becomes a main cable which means carrying 5 cables to every gig instead of 3, don't want to change my whole board layout around from everything in the front to split, cos once I put a boost in the loop I'll put reverb and delay... then I'm back to the complicated setup I cut down from 5/6 years ago
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9636
    You might want to visit the Tone King Royalist thread
  • Didn't MJW produce something like this once?
  • sw67sw67 Frets: 237
    Didn't MJW produce something like this once?     My MJW has a footswitchable boost 

• timmypix said:
    The new Victory Super Sheriff has dual master volumes. Spendy, though.

So does the Victory Sheriff 25 and it's £800 cheaper.
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2477
    timmypix said:
    The new Victory Super Sheriff has dual master volumes. Spendy, though.

So does the Victory Sheriff 25 and it's £800 cheaper.
    Ah, didn't know they'd put it on the 25, too, that's cool.
    Tim
  • Setup time, the spare cable becomes a main cable which means carrying 5 cables to every gig instead of 3, don't want to change my whole board layout around from everything in the front to split, cos once I put a boost in the loop I'll put reverb and delay... then I'm back to the complicated setup I cut down from 5/6 years ago
    Fair enough.

(4-cable method is a doddle to set up with a patch box and cable snake, though.)
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2320
    edited September 2023
    What sort of budget you looking at? 

A Friedman Small Box combo would do what you’re after. Shared EQ, footswitch between a different gain and volume level.

“Channel” two voiced slightly more modern (think 800 ish), channel one voiced more Plexi ish. 

One button footswitch. Simple. 

I also happen to be selling one…. 

PM me if you want the Reverb link. We could work out a deal. 
  • Yawn!