Forum pedal builders?

What's Hot
lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
edited October 2014 in FX
As I mentioned in a previous thread I'm on the lookout for a new transparent OD pedal, but can't decide on what. I like the idea of the Boo Instruments Klone but it's above my price range.

Are there any good pedal builders on here that you'd recommend that I could commission to build a pedal for me?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    I think Ric does/did pedals before his venture into valve amp kit building. @handsomeric

Also @Frankus is a tinkerer (I think that's the word) but not sure if he does it for public consumption as it were.

Have a  look in the making and modding section, there could be people there that don't venture into other parts of the forum.

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    As a Jazz Wookie - I would recommend @juansolo - you've never heard of the Klonish III? it's transparent enough for you... old man ;)

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/27743/

;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    ESBlonde said:

Also @Frankus is a tinkerer (I think that's the word)

Best definition of me I've found is this, happy accident:

Klons are really high count boards, and if they're done well they're packed with odd values of resistor and capacitors - @juansolo is one of the few who doesn't fudge those values a bit or the composition of the caps ... also his soldering is frankly beautiful.

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    *blushes*

In India right now but could sort something out when I get back in November.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6418
    Moved to FX ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • @handsomerik has some overdrives for sale here.
    Link to my trading feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Love my Juansolo klone....
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    Pm'd
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • just buy a Nobels ODR for £40 or so. 

It doesnt get more transparent 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I have a klone for sale here.
    http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/18388/fs-big-price-drops-on-these-pedals-now#latest
    I'd do it for £75 delivered if you are interested.
  • I've got  Danelectro Transparent OD V1 for sale on here mate, much cheapness, if that's any good to you?

It IS technically a clone after all!
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    I'll just put my name in the hat too. Lots of good suggestions here, but also feel free to check out my work at http://www.facebook.com/4114effects :-)