Image hosting ~ ~ ~ some advice please . . .

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Thanks @Drew_fx, any sound file stuff is a while away, so I just thought I would ask while you were here  :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @RaymondLin - you use Imgur, how do you find it regarding the questions in my first couple of posts in this discussion ?
    It looked pretty straightforward going by your very helpful guide you put in the "pic help discussion" previously.

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12052
    If you sign up with an account, and unless you make it public, the default is you only link to individual photos, and not an album. That's to say I use it for any personal stuff, I dont. But for forum posting stuff. It's great. I have my own site if I want to post private gallery but it's way more advance than imgur.
    edited October 2014
    Cheers @RaymondLin, if you don't mind me asking what do you use for your portfolio hosting, or is it a complete website solution ?  I have something else in mind too, so recommendations in that regard would be very helpful.

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756

I use photobucket...

1   It seems to work fine, plenty of storage and I chose for the easy way to post pics here.

2   Never had a problem with the desktop or phone version so can't comment

3    I either use the ios app and just click upload or do the same from the desktop. I usually crop and edit online.  I only use pics that are public but you can set the folders to private if you want.

4   I let it do the resizing for me, all automatic for posting on forums - a lot simpler than the old days of faffing about adjust things.

5  Yes,  very simple

6  I don't really use for anything other than the forum,  every other online thing I use has it's own upload anyway.

HTH
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12052

My portfolio is located at www.raymondlin.net

I also own the address www.raymondlin.co.uk which if you go on there, you are redirected to the .net site.

I would get the .com site but some guy in carlifornia beat me to it, it has no relevance to photography, something about financial stuff so no concern about people mixing me and him up.

The site is by Bludomain, you buy a template and populate it with your own photographs, it has a function for galleries and private galleries behind passwords.  They do various sites, mine is in Flash and HTML.  It works on the computer and phone/tablets.  They do templates in all sorts of codes for you to choose from.  The newer ones do have more modern coding - HTML5, better SEO etc.

The blog element on the site is Wordpress, powered by Prophoto (it is a wordpress blog thing).  Prophoto basically turn wordpress from coding to more button pressing.  All the photos are stored on the www.raymondlin.net address, I can access them through FTP if I want, I am on Mac so I use cyberduck.

Thanks @John_P - that's definitely helpful.

Excellent portfolio there @RaymondLin.
    Very clean presentation and a slick working site, nicely done, and very tasteful.
    I will check what Bludomain have to offer.  Cheers.