SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 2014 FSR American Vintage '72 Tele Thinline w. CuNiFe WRHBs

What's Hot
benecolbenecol Frets: 404
edited May 6 in Guitars £
Seems like the right time of year for me to give my listings a significant bump. Plenty of interest last year, but didn't quite get off the ground. My kit's going to be listed here until next weekend (6th April) then it's all off to eBay and Reverb to let the lords of fate decide. Updated my main pics because the sun's peeped out, but kept some of the drizzly September ones for info. Big change is I'm listing my tele Thinline...

First up is newly listed; my 2014 FSR American Vintage '72 Tele Thinline, which I've fitted with Fender reissue CuNiFe pickups:

I love this guitar, and will be very sad to see it go.

It's a FSR model - same specs as the AVRIs etc. except it has a 9.5" radius neck, rather than the 7.25". Which is fine by me! Maple neck, ash body and nitro finish - one of those weird anomalies where the reissue has a nicer finish than the poly originals! Came to me with the stock white pearl guard (see pic below) and the Alnico Wide Range humbuckers Fender used to drop in all of their WRHB guitars. I've replaced the guard with a black one (still have the original, never fear - was just too Grand Ole Opry for me), and the pickups for a neck and bridge pair of the reissue Fender CuNiFe pickups. Still have all the packaging, and will include the original Alnico pickups too (build a Jazzblaster!). New pickups sound amazing, real wish fulfilment guitar for me. I replaced the stock pots for 500k CTS pots at the same time (even threw in an orange drop capacitor!) as per Fender's wiring diagram for the reissue WRHBs.

There are a couple of dings in the paint behind the bottom bout and near the jack plug (see pics below), but nothing to upset you. Had it set up by Ash at Nightingale Guitars a couple of years ago. Beautiful Fender hard case too, with the blue lining, and all case candy. It's really good, and I'd like £1050 please, shipped in the UK, since it's got such beauty pickups in it. Or I'll drive and meet up halfway/within 50 miles of M5 J13 (whichever's closest to me).

Next up, my MJT Strat:

Ordered and built from Mark Jenny at MJT in 2012, it was my second MJT (had a pink tele as well, which I sold here a couple of years ago). Spec runs as follows:
- Alder body finished in Ocean Turquoise Metallic; MJT's closet clean finish (the nitro has aged, dinged and checkered beautifully in the intervening eleven years).
- Musikraft CBS Strat one-piece maple neck - 7 1/4" radius, 6105 frets, Boat V .95"x.95" profile. Musikraft installed the nut, MJT finished it in nitro.
- Gotoh vintage keys, six screw Allparts trem (the posher steel block one) - all MJT aged.
- Pickups are Rose Pickups Robustas; sadly, not made any more, Rose pickups were brilliant. Robustas the closest in spec I could get to the U-stamped grey bobbin pickups in my old Tokai - hot (for a strat) but not very hot. Warm maybe. 6.2ohms. Had the middle one round non-RWRP for less spank in the mixed positions (I don't like that sound!). Wired with a 0.47 cap for a darker sound when the tone's rolled off - I used the Seymour Duncan wiring scheme which means the second tone control also works for the bridge.

I love it to bits - only had my Jazzmaster longer. A big neck on a strat is such a thing of beauty. It's been played a lot - neck's in great condition, body has picked up some battlescars along the way. It's been on the radio! I lent it to The Once and Future Band when their airline lost the guitarist's guitar (never heard of them, but a fan of the label they're on). They used it on a 6Music session for Marc Riley, and I got a mention (they also lost the original trem arm, so the eagle-eyed amongst you might notice it's a bit whiter than the knobs).

Updated with sunny day photos, but the last couple below represent the colour a little better, in the September murk.

Any questions, give me a shout - I'll post it if you want (shipping at cost - reckon £30, but I'll refund any less?), but happy to meet up halfway/within 50 miles of M5 J13 (whichever's closest to me) for a little swig of petrol. I'd like £700 please - SOLD.. X

Removed from sale - my 2002 MIJ Tokai Love Rock.

...because I need something with humbuckers when my tele's gone. But if you really want it, I'm listening.

Continued in next post because I'm too chatty...
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• benecolbenecol Frets: 404
    edited April 4
    Last one's the Marmite one. My Jerry Jones Longhorn Six String Bass. Which, just to complicate things further, I have strung and tuned as a baritone.

...because there's effectively no difference between their baritones and their Six String Basses. Came to me (I imported it from the States six years ago) strung and tuned E-E, but I prefer to be able to play chords (I think they flub out a bit E-E), so I use 14-68 baritone strings and tune it A-A. I've had quite a few baritones, but this has been the keeper; 30" scale length so wonderfully reverberant, and Jerry's lipsticks are by far the best I've heard; almost a grand piano quality on the neck, the best twang on the bridge, and the middle position is combined (in series? I forget...) so barks like a humbucker. It's a really versatile guitar. Was gutted when Jerry Jones stopped making guitars - his craftsmanship is amazing, and I'm painfully aware that once this one's gone, I might not be able to get another. Made with love and skill in Nashville. I enjoyed the (Korean) Danelectro I used to have, but their owner is a Trump-supporting horroshow, so I wouldn't in good faith own one now. The quality of Jerry Jones's knocks them into a cocked hat.
    In good nick, but the odd battle scar - the little nick in the finish on the back of the neck the main (very minor) gripe. It comes with a G&G hard case (with the world's brightest red lining). Pricing a bit all over the map - getting rare, a handmade beautiful instrument. That also looks like something a rockabilly pharoah would play. I'd like £850 for it - SOLD. As above, if I had to ship, I would at your cost, but would much rather drive 50 miles/half way from M5 J13 (whichever's closest to me). Give me a yell with any questions.

That's it. The cupboard is (almost) bare.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Like a sexy striptease, I'm going to slowly reduce my prices until someone bites/they find market value/I lose my nerve/the bike I want goes out of stock. Please imagine I've just tentatively removed one stocking and thrown it into the audience.

(prices dropped).
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I've just pinged my garter at you - further drops for the weekend.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sunday bumpday
    A little bump for payday.
    A hefty bump for Easter weekend; updated pics and slightly terrifying countdown to eBay next weekend. 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4788
    Some very nice guitars there. Love the Strat colour (although I prefer a white scratch plate) and the Thinline is very nice too, although again I prefer the original pearlescent white scratchplate. GLWTS and hope you find the right buyers. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 29
    Voxman said:
    pearlescent white scratchplate. 
    You make a good point - can't believe I'd called it "white tort". Original post edited, and a Wisdom for you. Even if our tastes in pickguards differ.
    Price drops to mark last 48 hours before eBay.
    A gentle bump - VC and Jerry Jones have gone, thinline and MJT remain. Save me the hassle of sticking them on eBay and Reverb? X

(didn't list last weekend due to interest in the amp x)
  • Andy_StringsAndy_Strings Frets: 210
    edited April 14
    I bought the MJT Tele from you, it’s had a few mods since then but still a daily player. How is the Strat neck compared to the fabulously huge lump on the Tele’?
    'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 13
    Not quite as huge, but a beauty from the same stable! I love a V/U neck on a strat, and this is the Musikraft Boatneck (from the looks of their site, they now call this the "Boat V"). A fairly soft V, 0.95" thick all the way up (tele was a round inch all the way). It's a gem.
  • Andy_StringsAndy_Strings Frets: 210
    benecol said:
    A fairly soft V, 0.95" thick all the way up (tele was a round inch all the way). It's a gem.
    Oh my… that’s very tempting  :)
    'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Strat sold, big old price drop on the tele.
    Another tele price drop because I'm clearly avoiding the eBay listing hassle.
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 566
    Have to ask, any trade options on the Tele ??
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

Appreciate you asking, but no, sorry. Got a bicycle to pay off still.
    Final tantalising pricedrop before a payday-weekend eBay listing.