Effects Loop/ Pedal Order Switcher & Superego - Help, my brain hurts!

BeexterBeexter Frets: 620

I've finally caved in and ordered an EHX Superego which is on the way....but, I have a Zoom MS70-CDR I want to use in the loop of the Superego AND in my regular effects chain when I'm not using the Superego.

I've seen a Bright Onion pedal on these forums that allows you to run a pedal (or pedals) either in front of the amp OR in the amp effects loop with a switch to choose between the two routing options which might work and I have also come across the T1m Dropout which looks like it does the same thing. Anyone have experience of these?

Can I do the same thing with a Boss LS-2 and if so, how do I connect everything up?  - I can't for the life of me figure it out.

If anyone has a Superego and is switching pedals in and out of the loop on the Superego, how are you doing it? Any help with connections would be really useful as my brain hurts!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73076
    You can't do it with an LS-2.

Essentially you need a dual loop-switcher which will take out the part of the Superego between the input and the loop send, and the part between the loop return and the output, at the same time - leaving anything in the Superego's loop in the normal signal part.

Easy enough to build with a 4PDT switch.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2567
    edited October 2014
    ICBM said:
    Essentially you need a dual loop-switcher which will take out the part of the Superego between the input and the loop send, and the part between the loop return and the output, at the same time - leaving anything in the Superego's loop in the normal signal part.

I've got a Superego, and built a two-switch jobbie as per above...one 4PDT for looping/delooping and a 3DPDT to bypass the looped/delooped pedal altogether.  As it happens I'm using a MS-70CDR too, so from a mods/pads perspective my setup is exactly the same as yours.  Works a treat.

Might have a hand-drawn wiring diagram of my build knocking around in a pile of scrap paper somewhere...I'll see if I can dig it out if a scan of it would help.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 620
    edited October 2014
    ICBM said:

I've got a Superego, and built a two-switch jobbie as per above...one 4PDT for looping/delooping and a 3DPDT to bypass the looped/delooped pedal altogether.  As it happens I'm using a MS-70CDR too, so from a mods/pads perspective my setup is exactly the same as yours.  Works a treat.

Might have a hand-drawn wiring diagram of my build knocking around in a pile of scrap paper somewhere...I'll see if I can dig it out if a scan of it would help.

That would be really useful @DarnWeight if its not too much trouble, or even a "gut shot" if that's easier. If you have anymore info about how you hook everything up, that'd help too. Presumably, I'd only need one switch if I just wanted to put the MS-70CDR in/ out of the Superego loop? The plan is to either have the Zoom in the loop of the Superego or right at the end of my effects chain (last before the amp). In that instance, would I have to run my entire "post Superego" pedal chain through the Superegos loop?

I'm giving myself a headache with this!

• DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2567
    This might look crap, but I used my boy's coloured pencils to draw the lines in (so I could keep track of things), and they don't scan very well...yellow in particular...

There's an LED for each...off=bypassed, on=FX and off=in-line, on=in-loop.  You can run all your post Superego FX in line with everything else, ie. they don't have to go in the loop...the Send/Receive are separate, so when engaged just the Zoom goes in the loop....when disengaged, the Zoom switches back to the end of the chain.

Sorry if the image is hard to see.  PM me if you want me to email you a full-size jpg or summat.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4640
    That is going to sound amazing when you get it up and running... Ambient Pie!!