SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT: 42nd Street La Cadette Jr (Sold) / Gibson Les Paul Jr (Sold)

What's Hot
Jeddy3Jeddy3 Frets: 83
edited December 2023 in Guitars £
2020 Gibson Les Paul Junior in Tobacco sunburst. 

Only recently acquired this to compare to the 42nd Street for sale below. Both are great guitars but I think I’ll be keeping the 42nd street for now. The guitar is in excellent condition with only some light surface marks here and there. It even has the protective film still intact on the rear control plate. Chunky 50’s profile neck with a quality bit of rosewood for the fingerboard. Gold knobs and thumb bleeders were added by previous owner. This has a much nicer fit and finish that the Lukas Nelson model I used to own.

Comes with its brown Gibson TKL case (also as good as new) and all the candy. 

Sale or Trade value £995 SOLD

I’d be interested in trades for the following.

Gibson ‘61 SG with Sideways or Maestro Vibrola.

Fender 65 Princeton

Marshall SC20/JCM800 Combo

Gibson Thunderbird Bass

Fender AVRI II Precision Bass

Other trade options also considered.

Collection from Southampton or Portsmouth please as guitar is located on the Isle of Wight.

Next up is another lovely guitar, and totally handmade right here in the UK by Angela Arnott of 42nd street guitars and Guitar Angel lutherie services.

It features an African mahogany body and neck along with a beautiful Ebony fretboard instead of the usual rosewood. Finished in thin Nitro sunburst with a hand rubbed and aged/relic treatment. Reminds me of the finish you get on an Eastman. I think some of the more extreme aging marks and dings were added by the previous owner(s) but certainly fits in with the overall vibe. Quite a slim 60’s style profile neck, which makes a change as you tend to associate baseball bat necks with these types of guitar. Still very comfortable though. Weight is 7lbs 8oz.

I made just a few changes from stock. I installed an early 2005 Lollar vintage dog ear P90, a Faber aged wraparound bridge and James’ Home of Tone 50’s Les Paul Jr wiring harness (CTS 500k pots, mustard tone cap and a Pure Tone full contact Jack socket).

It comes with a Kinsman hardcase along with the original Gotoh (I think) wraparound bridge and 250k pots should you wish to put them back in.

Trades see above.

Also collection preferred from Southampton or Portsmouth as guitar is located on the Isle of Wight. I do have a box so could also pack it up if buyer wanted to arrange a courier.

Asking £795 (Now Sold)

Cheers 

Dan
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1194
    Can’t speak for her builds but had my Strat refinished my Angela and the nitro thinner than a thin thing
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Alex2678 said:
    Can’t speak for her builds but had my Strat refinished my Angela and the nitro thinner than a thin thing
    Yeah it is very thin. Can feel and see the wood grain in places.
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9937
    Angela made me a really cool tele/ric mash up a few years back. Her work is exemplary. I’m sure this will be a superb guitar.
  • Bump
  • Bump with price drop
  • Jeddy3Jeddy3 Frets: 83
    Bump
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's a beauty! I'll send you a PM there now :)
  • I think this is my old guitar! I sold it to Tim from Leo & Ted’s Guitars a few years ago. Absolute belter of a guitar. It was the second guitar I had ordered from Angela after a very heavy relic Esquire. If it is my old one then the wear is as it came from Angela, nothing else added by me.
    edited October 2023
    I think this is my old guitar! I sold it to Tim from Leo & Ted’s Guitars a few years ago. Absolute belter of a guitar. It was the second guitar I had ordered from Angela after a very heavy relic Esquire. If it is my old one then the wear is as it came from Angela, nothing else added by me.
    That’s cool. Yes I think it was bought from Leo and Teds by the previous owner as there’s still their business card in the storage compartment. I think they might have added a few scrapes here and there and changed the original pickup. Think it was a Bareknuckle Nantucket when you ordered it and the owner before me changed it to an Oil City Firewatch. They must have then sold or exchanged it at ATB guitars which is where I got it. 
  • Jeddy3 said:
    I think this is my old guitar! I sold it to Tim from Leo & Ted’s Guitars a few years ago. Absolute belter of a guitar. It was the second guitar I had ordered from Angela after a very heavy relic Esquire. If it is my old one then the wear is as it came from Angela, nothing else added by me.
    That’s cool. Yes I think it was bought from Leo and Teds by the previous owner as there’s still their business card in the storage compartment. I think they might have added a few scrapes here and there and changed the original pickup. Think it was a Bareknuckle Nantucket when you ordered it and the owner before me changed it to an Oil City Firewatch. They must have then sold or exchanged it at ATB guitars which is where I got it. 
    Ah nice! It was me that changed the pick-up to the Oil City Firewatch based in some advice from Neil Ivision as I always found the bareknuckle a bit thin. I would have it back from you in a flash but I have replaced it with an Ivision double cut junior!
    edited October 2023
    Ah ok cool. I found the oil city a little too hot and had a an old Lollar that wasn’t getting used. Did you change the pots too? They were advertised as 500k but were actually 250k. 
  • Jeddy3 said:
    Ah ok cool. I found the oil city a little too hot and had a an old Lollar that wasn’t getting used. Did you change the pots too? They were advertised as 500k but were actually 
    I think the pots might have been changed by the owner in between you and I. It definitely had 500k CTS pots, switchcraft jack and orange drop cap when it came direct from Angela as I remember Neil asking me to confirm that when we were talking about changing the pickup. I definitely only changed the pick up
    edited October 2023
    Ah I thought so. Was a little too dark with the 250k’s. The 500k’s woke it up. Bit disappointing they just copied and pasted specs instead of having a look inside. 
    Bump
    Up
    Bump
    Bump