Mike Henderson - RIP Guitarist & Songwriter

Another gone too soon Missouri guitarist and songwriter Mike Henderson passed in his sleep on Friday aged 70. Loved his records with the Blue Bloods. He wrote Powerful Stuff for the Fabulous Thunderbirds and a slew of hits recently for Chris Stapleton. An ex EMI staff songrwiter his songs have been recorded by The Chicks, Adele, Trisha Yearwood and Patty Loveless. He's played on countless records and toured with Bonamassa and Mark Knopfler. 
Here he is back in the 90's on Later With JH....great keyboard solo by Ex Double Trouble Reese Wynans.....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    Sad news - RIP
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14290
    tFB Trader
    I know a bit about Mike, but looking at that video clip I obviously don't know enough - Will have to look at more clips etc

What guitar is he playing 

Glad to have seen the above clip, but sadly I watched it for the wrong reason - RIP
  • I didn’t know the name at all but clearly a talented chap. 

I know a bit about Mike, but looking at that video clip I obviously don't know enough - Will have to look at more clips etc

What guitar is he playing 

Glad to have seen the above clip, but sadly I watched it for the wrong reason - RIP
    I thought maybe a Danelectro Dead on 67 but then maybe a Danelectro Dane or Coral Hornet (the guitars the 67 is based on). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.