Stop Making Sense - Remastered

What's Hot
JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
One of my favourite bands, one of my favourite live movies...  Remastered, out now in IMAX and from Friday in your favourite artsy cinema!

Can't effing WAIT :D 

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    I'm going on Friday in Bristol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Just FYI, I recently did a YouTube thing about SMS to tie in with the album/cinema re-release...

A kind of mini watch-along with some commentary/details/background stuff.  I've probably watched this at least once every year since seeing it for the first time in '88, so basically me offering up my take on everything from the cinematography to the "narrative", to the make-up of the extended "Speaking In Tongues" band.

Cheers.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just FYI, I recently did a YouTube thing about SMS to tie in with the album/cinema re-release...

A kind of mini watch-along with some commentary/details/background stuff.  I've probably watched this at least once every year since seeing it for the first time in '88, so basically me offering up my take on everything from the cinematography to the "narrative", to the make-up of the extended "Speaking In Tongues" band.

Cheers.
    Wow!  Watching now!

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18910
    If you're anything like me, you'll now be closer to 'The Big Suit', fitting you than it used to...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If you're anything like me, you'll now be closer to 'The Big Suit', fitting you than it used to...
    Think I'll need some sort of gusset fitted around the trousers :expressionless: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    JerkMoans said:
    If you're anything like me, you'll now be closer to 'The Big Suit', fitting you than it used to...
    Ah yes, too much "Making Flippy Floppy" :-D
  • JerkMoans said:
    There's pills for that

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    JerkMoans said:
    JerkMoans said:
    There's pills for that

Probably end up "Crosseyed & Painless".
    I'm out of here  B)
  • euaneuan Frets: 1509
    I saw it at my local IMAX on Saturday. Seeing it for the first time in a big screen, and with the mixing work they did really made it worth seeing. 

Couple of things stood out. Byrne’s Roland GR303, Worrell wiping half a kilo of coke off his face and Alex Weir. Well Weir stood out when watching the DVD but his playing just sounded even better in this mix. The MM Sabre looked cool too. 

It’s a shame he didn’t get as much success as he should have. 
  • I wish there had been equally good footage of the Belew era line-up.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • euaneuan Frets: 1509
    I wish there had been equally good footage of the Belew era line-up.
    The Rome concert filmed by Rai is pretty good though