Revisiting:Pearl Jam 'Yield'

What's Hot
MFC
Low Light 
In Hiding

Damn I'd forgotten how good those 11 minutes of that album are.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7788
    edited September 2023
    I totally skipped over this one back in the day, liked some of No Code and lots of Binaural.
  • It's a great album, and one that - while I always liked it - I appreciate more now than I did originally. Low Light has always been one of my favourite PJ songs.

Looks like I know what I'm listening to tomorrow!

No Code will probably get a listen as well.
  • Brain of J might be the best opener of any PJ album. Jack Irons shines on Yield too.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4224
    When I saw them at the rescheduled O2 gig, some guy left during 'In Hiding'.

Actually got up and left.

I was outraged.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    I loved Ten, I only liked two songs on the next album. I liked nothing at all on the next 2 albums. That was me done with Pearl Jam. I never got as far as Yield. Maybe I should try them again.

Just looked them up, they have released 23 live albums and 72 'bootlegs'. Cool for the fans!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    I loved Ten, I only liked two songs on the next album. I liked nothing at all on the next 2 albums. That was me done with Pearl Jam. I never got as far as Yield. Maybe I should try them again.

Just looked them up, they have released 23 live albums and 72 'bootlegs'. Cool for the fans!
    What? Vitalogy is a great album.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 1015
    axisus said:

What? Vitalogy is a great album.
    Yeah I like Vitalogy as well. I struggle with 'Vs' though, and haven't really listened to anything else after the first 3 albums.

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7361
    edited September 2023
    randella said:

I was outraged.
    I went to see them 9 years ago in Leeds, sat behind the most enthusiastic fan I’ve ever seen at any gig. Constantly screaming YESSSS EDDIIIIIEEEE! Cheering, dancing, all sorts. After 30 minutes he stands up with a massive smile on his face, puts on his back pack and leaves. They played another 2 hours 45 minutes and he never came back.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah, it's a great album, as is everything up to and including Binaural... I struggle after that.

Been dipping into the many, many live shows on Spotify... so much goodness
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23022
    randella said:

I was outraged.
    Maybe he was going into hiding, inspired by those powerful Vedder lyrics?
  • axisus said:

On top of that you can buy any live show as a download or CD, mixed nicely but not edited. I love going back to revisit some of the shows I've been too or ones with cool setlists.

They just played 2 nights at an arena in Texas and played 57 songs over both nights - only 3 repeats.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4674
    DefaultM said:
    randella said:

I was outraged.
    I went to see them 9 years ago in Leeds, sat behind the most enthusiastic fan I’ve ever seen at any gig. Constantly screaming YESSSS EDDIIIIIEEEE! Cheering, dancing, all sorts. After 30 minutes he stands up with a massive smile on his face, puts on his back pack and leaves. They played another 2 hours 45 minutes and he never came back.
    i was at that gig, superb show 
    MFC
    Low Light 
    In Hiding

Damn I'd forgotten how good those 11 minutes of that album are.
    also Given to Fly & Do the Evolution are superb on that album 
    and went back and listened to the " Avocado" album today on my lunchtime dog walk

its fucking brilliant