NAD Carlsbro

jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12667
edited October 2014 in Amps
Got this TC60 from @Lewligan the other day for a damn good price, 60 watts  4 x 12ax7 in the preamp and 2 el34s in the power section, spring reverb.

The clean channel is an absolute beauty, lovely bass response without being over powering. I was really surprised as I havent used a Carlsbro amp since the late 80's 

The OD channel goes quickly into fizz territory which initially i was a bit disappointed about but I have since figured that with the gain between 1+2 I can get an awesome overdrive sound, excellent fizz free ACDC crunch or can sound very Led Zeppy with the mids maxed out

All in all a fantastic amp for the money, in fact I'll wager the cleans are better than some amps costing a fair bit more.

I'm not sure about Carlsbro's rep since they moved production to China and  think they have gone tits up again? Although I could be wrong anyway this thing is a beast it can seriously shake the room! Its a pity that I'll never gig it but it sounds lovely at home volumes which is what I need it for.

"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gubblegubble Frets: 1826

Pictures don't seem to be working , Can i take a random gues that it's a Carlsbro fat boy?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12667
    sorted now
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7406
    Back when you were 15, a Carlsboro Stingray amp was an alluring prospect...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12667
    Hmm well maybe not fizz but a grainy high gain sound that isnt my cup o tea really.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"