Francis Lee

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14284
in Tributes tFB Trader
As a Leeds fan I remember him more for the famous scrap with Norman Hunter than anything else - And that is wrong somehow

He was a successful businessman after the game - Toilet Roll as it happens

His sister in law use to live next door to my dad so I saw the odd fleeting visit from him - He knew I was a Leeds fan and we had a quick chat about recent games, over the fence - Nice banter but I never mentioned the incident as it was wrong to do so IMO

A character from that era and part of a good city side - Bell was one of my favourite players of that era

RIP Franny
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11306
    RIP.

One of the holy trinity of Bell, Lee and Summerbee at City. 

A fine player, although at times he had difficulty staying upright in opposition penalty areas. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Before my time really but I know his name well. I looked up the news on BBC and they showed a clip from his latter years scoring a belter for Derby. Wow, you forget how much of a men's game football used to be - he's a big solid unit and the pitch is pretty darned muddy. No player today would survive 90 minutes!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3012
    RIP

Excellent footballer, did well as a racehorse trainer too. Hats off to him, thrived after leaving football. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited October 2023
    one of the many smiling faces on footie collectable cards as you were growing up...

ABC 1972 Footballer Card OrangeRed Back - Francis Lee - Manchester City - 53 - Picture 1 of 2
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    RIP.

A fine player, although at times he had difficulty staying upright in opposition penalty areas. 
    He was clearly way ahead of his time on that front..

For some reason even tho I was a George Best / Man U fanboy, I always liked him. RIP Fanny Lee.