Rob Chapman announcement

What's Hot

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7068
    edited March 16
    I never said he wasn't nice. I said he creeps me out. 

It's only Ariel Posen I actively dislike, and may have mentioned a few times I am convinced Johan Segeborn has a sex dungeon in his basement but as long as it's consensual I'm happy for him! 

I also once questioned why/how Chris Buck won best blues guitarist in a magazine and he posted in the thread that he was equally baffled. 

But if anyone from Andertons is reading - WHY ARE YOU UNIVERSALLY A BIT MORE EXPENSIVE THAN ALL THE OTHER SHOPS?
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1660
    soma1975 said:
    But if anyone from Andertons is reading - WHY ARE YOU UNIVERSALLY A BIT MORE EXPENSIVE THAN ALL THE OTHER SHOPS?
    Advertising costs money.  Value added is priceless :scream: 

Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12811
    soma1975 said:
    My comment was not aimed specifically at you old chap. :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7068
     ;) 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29408
    has a voice like Mallard hitting 126mph...
    This is where I'm pretty sure I've missed something, because I'm finding it hard to imagine a very fast duck singing.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:
    This is where I'm pretty sure I've missed something, because I'm finding it hard to imagine a very fast duck singing.
    This Mallard...

https://www.railwaymuseum.org.uk/whats-on/mallard-worlds-fastest-steam-locomotive
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 924
    To the Petercopter!! 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29408
    Sporky said:
    This Mallard...

https://www.railwaymuseum.org.uk/whats-on/mallard-worlds-fastest-steam-locomotive
    That makes a lot more sense.

Though I like the duck idea.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1429
    soma1975 said:

Because The Captain always needs a new yacht. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 429
    Flying ducks. This thread has had it all.

and on page 4, I realise that I know who this guy is. And he’s also the reason I don’t watch Andertons videos.*

*that’s not entirely fair. I don’t watch any gear videos at all unless I’m researching a specific product.
  • The amp modelling on the Atomic was always fantastic, but it was far too difficult to dial in those great tones. I now use a Boss GX100 and the tones are even better than the Atomic and it's a billion times easier to find those tones 
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2370
    soma1975 said:
    Danish Pete creeps me out. 

The guy can play but playing with Tom Jones and pop acts (not writing music) is not that cool.

You seen his house?  His 8k Les Paul he bought on a whim due to his retail industry chum?

I'll take his gigs over being "cool" any day of the week.
    No why would I know what his house is like?!!

Not everything is about money / possessions.
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 2037
    soma1975 said:
    I'd never trust a man with many Hawaiian shirts.  
    @TomSelleck hates this post.
    soma1975 said:

The guy can play but playing with Tom Jones and pop acts (not writing music) is not that cool.

You seen his house?  His 8k Les Paul he bought on a whim due to his retail industry chum?

He makes a lot of videos from home.

Not everything is about money/possessions correct, but nothing is about looking "cool".

Nothing personal, I've always found it hilarious when a band get big enough to enjoy a little financial success and suddenly they have "sold out"...

YMMV.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2370
    soma1975 said:

Not everything is about money/possessions correct, but nothing is about looking "cool".

Nothing personal, I've always found it hilarious when a band get big enough to enjoy a little financial success and suddenly they have "sold out"...

YMMV.
    Oh I didn't know he did those - I've only seen him on Andertons.

Respect to the guy - he can play exceptionally well.

Girls Aloud/Tom Jones are the polar opposite of what I'd want to play/listen to...small DIY bands signing to major isn't an issue if they are still the same band just with more money thrown at them. 

I think this is more my personal taste, no offence! 
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1460
    soma1975 said:

YMMV.

Girls Aloud/Tom Jones are the polar opposite of what I'd want to play/listen to...small DIY bands signing to major isn't an issue if they are still the same band just with more money thrown at them. 

I am guessing he is a session guitarist as well. A job is a job. They can't always be picky about who they play with. His passion could be Norwegian death metal for all I know. Maybe he uses the Girls Aloud / Tom Jones gigs to fund other stuff, like folk in wedding bands do.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7445
    soma1975 said:

YMMV.

I am guessing he is a session guitarist as well. A job is a job. They can't always be picky about who they play with. His passion could be Norwegian death metal for all I know. Maybe he uses the Girls Aloud / Tom Jones gigs to fund other stuff, like folk in wedding bands do.
    Although I doubt that given Ola had to teach him to palm mute ......

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • soma1975 said:
    I've never bought a thing from Andertons for that very reason. I always look, but there's always better value elsewhere.
  • HT986M2HT986M2 Frets: 170
    edited April 3
    soma1975 said:

I'm sure Pete does alright from his session work and Anderton's gig (and not needing to spend a cent on new gear helps) but I seem to remember reading that his father-in-law is a film director and/or producer of some kind? If that's correct, then I'm sure they are financially a-ok because of that familial perk.
    Trading feedback available here
  • Irishbread69Irishbread69 Frets: 19
    soma1975 said:
    I've never bought a thing from Andertons for that very reason. I always look, but there's always better value elsewhere.

Historically they have been more expensive across the board. The big advantage, for me at least, is the loyalty points. Especially when they have the triple point sales on. That can add up very quickly.

Their sales in general are a joke though. The same stuff nobody wants that has already been on sale multiple times during the year.

There are exceptions of course, I have got deals on guitars and their FSR Fender stuff is usually top. I assume people pay the extra because they love the channel.