Western Jam, Firebird Studios, Bristol, 25th February 2024

What's Hot

Comments

• bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 544
    edited November 2023
    A couple of new songs to add to the list :

Rock n' Roll All Night (live version)  - Kiss (Ab)
    Rebel Yell - Billy Idol (B)

Happy to sing and play Lead on Kiss , Singing and Rhythm on Rebel Yell. Someone else can do the twiddly bits on that.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Do we know if @mart is up for this one?

Otherwise, I'll put myself down for some bass roles, and stand aside later if we get a better offer (i.e. @mart)

It's not a competition.
  • @stratman3142 ;

Was thinking it might be good to put an additional Rhythm guitar space on the set list for anyone whose not super confident  but would like to get up and strum along.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bobblehat said:
    @stratman3142 ;

Was thinking it might be good to put an additional Rhythm guitar space on the set list for anyone whose not super confident  but would like to get up and strum along.
    OK. I was just starting a new spreadsheet.

It's not a competition.
  • bobblehat said:
    @stratman3142 ;

OK. I was just starting a new spreadsheet.

Good point - for the songs I tabled, I will hopefully have the rhythm guitar, but would be dependent on others to cover lead, bass etc (if anyone fancies taking any of them on ?).
  • bobblehat said:
    A couple of new songs to add to the list :

Rock n' Roll All Night (live version)  - Kiss (Ab)
    Rebel Yell - Billy Idol (B)

Happy to sing and play Lead on Kiss , Singing and Rhythm on Rebel Yell. Someone else can do the twiddly bits on that.

I’d love to have a go at Rebel Yell - it’s a bit monstrous but I reckon it will be fun to learn.
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2206
    edited December 2023
    At the end of this post, there's a list of the songs with roles that I think have been identified so far. Let me know if I've missed anything or if there are any errors.

As the only drummer, it would be good if @mrkb could give the list a once over and identify those songs he's happy with and those he'd prefer not to do, so we can quickly narrow down the new song suggestions. I expect some will have to go, as there are a lot of new suggestions and we want to avoid a marathon learning session.

I've included a 'Play Along' column for those who may wish to turn up play along by strumming some chords. Let's see if we need that column.

@brocco : I've put you down for 'Move Over' and 'No Good'. I've put down myself as well, so let me know how much you want to cover on those songs and I'll fill in as required.

@SPECTRUM001 : I've put you down as rhythm guitar on the songs you suggested, assuming we'll get another lead guitar.

@bertie : As you're uncertain about your availability, I've you down for those you requested, but we also need potential back up if you can't make it. I can serve a a back up option for lead guitar on 'La Grange' and 'Call Me The Breeze'

@Bennyboy-UK : I've put you down as an option for lead guitar on 'Just What I Needed' as you did a fine job last time. I've also put you down for lead on Rebel Yell as requested.

@bobblehat : As requested, I've put you down vocals and lead guitar on Rock n' Roll All Night Long. I've also put you down for vocals and rhythm guitar on Rebel Yell.

**Image removed. See more recent post for the latest update of the song list**

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 811
    @roberty would you be up for Champagne Supernova on vocal and bass if I play lead guitar? 
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 811
    @stratman3142 put me down for All Right Now lead guitar please. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10895
    Neilybob said:
    @roberty would you be up for Champagne Supernova on vocal and bass if I play lead guitar? 
    Yeah no probs 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13572
    @stratman3142 ;  -  scratch my two "new" choices (Cant you see and  2-4-6-8), with all thats happening / about to happen  I just wont have time to learn anything.  -  unless of course other peeps what a crack at them

happy to "busk in"  if appropriate - if I can make it (all good and a favouring wind)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • If there are a few numbers which have some scope for a bit of lead jamming - I'd be up for a bit of that this time - it looked like a lot of fun last time :)
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
    edited November 2023
    bertie said:
    @stratman3142 ;;;  -  scratch my two "new" choices (Cant you see and  2-4-6-8), with all thats happening / about to happen  I just wont have time to learn anything.  -  unless of course other peeps what a crack at them

happy to "busk in"  if appropriate - if I can make it (all good and a favouring wind)
    OK. 

I've got you down as possible lead on La Grange and Call Me The Breeze, but I can do those as a fall back. Or maybe @roberty might want to do lead on La Grange, as he did last time, in which case I'll go onto rhythm.

I've also got you down for possible lead and vocals on 'Just What I Needed', but we'll make sure we have back up options. @Bennyboy-UK did a good job on the lead last time.

The same goes for Alright Now, where (@Neilybob is OK for lead), and Wishing Well (which I can cover if necessary).

We can also do multiple run throughs with different line-ups on the day. Even if someone isn't down for a role. The main things is to at least get enough roles for one run through of songs.

It's not a competition.
    edited November 2023
    If there are a few numbers which have some scope for a bit of lead jamming - I'd be up for a bit of that this time - it looked like a lot of fun last time
    Any thoughts on which ones from the last jam. 'Keep You Hands To Yourself' springs to mind for me. Or maybe 'Call Me The Breeze'. They're both basically 12 bars in A.

It's not a competition.
    bertie said:
    @stratman3142 ;;;  -  scratch my two "new" choices (Cant you see and  2-4-6-8), with all thats happening / about to happen  I just wont have time to learn anything.  -  unless of course other peeps what a crack at them

OK. 

I've got you down as possible lead on La Grange and Call Me The Breeze, but I can do those as a fall back. Or maybe @roberty might want to do lead on La Grange, as he did last time, in which case I'll go onto rhythm.

Sure, I should probably do a bit of lead guitar or else @Vibetronic will tell me off lol
  • In Berties absence put me down for vocals and Rhythm/strum along on Just what I needed and Call me the breeze.
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 90
    I've been looking through the track list from the last jam for songs I could potentially learn for this time, and am quite tempted to try rhythm for I Believe In A Thing Call Love (the solo's are too much of a stretch) if there is appetite to include it again?
    Brocco said:
    I've been looking through the track list from the last jam for songs I could potentially learn for this time, and am quite tempted to try rhythm for I Believe In A Thing Call Love (the solo's are too much of a stretch) if there is appetite to include it again?
    Of course mate
  • Updated list at the end of this post

Here are the updates. Shout if I've got anything wrong or missed anything.

Deleted songs at the request of @bertie
    2-4-6-8 Motorway (Tom Robinson)
    Can't You See (Marshall Tucker)

Added songs
    Champagne Supernova
    I Believe In A Thing Called Love

Just What I Needed : Lead guitar. I've taken the liberty of adding you, as you played it last time. Let me know if not.

Just What I Needed : Vocals and rhythm guitar
    Call Me The Breeze : Vocals and rhythm guitar

I Believe In A Thing Called Love : Rhythm guitar

Champagne Supernova : Lead guitar
    Alright Now : Lead guitar

Champagne Supernova: Vocals and bass
    La Grange : Vocals and lead guitar
    I Believe In A Thing Called Love : Vocals

La Grange : Rhythm guitar
    Call Me The Breeze : Lead guitar

It's not a competition.
  • roberty said:
    bertie said:

OK. 

Sure, I should probably do a bit of lead guitar or else @Vibetronic will tell me off lol
    Too right @roberty ;!! You have some serious ability there which you need to bust out mate! :) (I've just dropped you an email btw)

Will be back to comment re songs etc.