Comedic songs

What's Hot
stufisherstufisher Frets: 845
My bruv sent me this earlier ... hadn't heard it before but it has made me laugh and smile:

Just wondering what other comedic songs tFBers like?
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'm a big fan of Flo and Joan. I Drank Too Much is my particular favourite but they are always worth a watch/listen. Their Comic relief one was good also, celebrating its 35th birthday. "It used to go on until 2am, but like most 35 year olds it's in bed by 10" cracked me up, being a thirty something it's very accurate! That one's only on facebook though

This is the Drink one

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1677
    edited October 2023

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NSFW!

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm a big fan of Flo and Joan. I Drank Too Much is my particular favourite but they are always worth a watch/listen. Their Comic relief one was good also, celebrating its 35th birthday. "It used to go on until 2am, but like most 35 year olds it's in bed by 10" cracked me up, being a thirty something it's very accurate! That one's only on facebook though

This is the Drink one

Flo and Joan are superb, proper bo talent..

I also like Garfunkul and Oates, a bit American but manageable. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NSFW!

Had never seen that. Very good.
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2953
    Love Jez Low.

Here's a Vin Garbutt comedy song 'a throwaway song but probably the one I'll be best remembered for'.

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'

• I also like Garfunkul and Oates, a bit American but manageable. 

Very good, liked that. Is that the lady from Big Band Theory on the Uke as well?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11704
    If I want to laugh at something featuring guitars, I stick on some Steven Seagal.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• I also like Garfunkul and Oates, a bit American but manageable. 

Very good, liked that. Is that the lady from Big Band Theory on the Uke as well?
    Yeah both of them are comedians/actresses 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Flo & Joan, Garfunkel & Oates - two great duos!

For me you can't beat that old classic Cocktails for two - Spike Jones. Loved it since I was a kid.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Open_GOpen_G Frets: 146
    blobb said:
    Love Jez Low.

Here's a Vin Garbutt comedy song 'a throwaway song but probably the one I'll be best remembered for'.

As soon as I saw the post I knew it would be this song. Was fortunate enough to see him do this live in Scarborough a few years ago. 
  • ooh if we're going old school, I like this one. Still plenty of these types around today:

• axisus said:
    Flo & Joan, Garfunkel & Oates - two great duos!

For me you can't beat that old classic Cocktails for two - Spike Jones. Loved it since I was a kid.

I think I was influenced by my grandparents who had a selection of comic songs from the same era. This was my favourite,

Phil Harris - Woodman, spare that tree

I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
  • Open_GOpen_G Frets: 146
    ooh if we're going old school, I like this one. Still plenty of these types around today:

Again. I nearly posted this although I’m not sure it’s his funniest song. Another one I saw a few years back in a folk festival. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18769
    Old school? I'll give yer old school  ;) Can't say how this will have aged, but that's not my problem  ;)
    Second tune at about 3m 20s-ish

• We don't get people that look like these older videos on TV any more do we? I was watching Meet the RIchardsons the other day (I've so far resisted posting Jake Thackeray's La Di Da or On Again, if you know, you know) and he showed a clip from a 70s tv show where they played pub games or something, and aside from finding it amusing that such a show existed, it struck me then also that if they did some kind of ironic reboot, they surely wouldn't have the guts to put somebody who looked like this on it would they?

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    We don't get people that look like these older videos on TV any more do we? I was watching Meet the RIchardsons the other day (I've so far resisted posting Jake Thackeray's La Di Da or On Again, if you know, you know) and he showed a clip from a 70s tv show where they played pub games or something, and aside from finding it amusing that such a show existed, it struck me then also that if they did some kind of ironic reboot, they surely wouldn't have the guts to put somebody who looked like this on it would they?

I hope that you are not slurring cricket Legend Fred Trueman (OBE) there ...

Anyway, I remember that show!
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 845
    That looks like a pic of Indoor League with Fred Truman as host. It was one of my favourites on TV from that era ... nowt like it on the box then or since.

Darts, bar billiards, arm wrestling and a few others like skittles and shove ha'penny IIRC.

Ah'll see thee!
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11297
    T'finest fast bowler that ever drew breath, as he himself put it. 
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 845
    I always wanted to be a fly on the wall at Fiery Fred's daughter's wedding to Damon Welch. Just imagine the conversation at top table  ... Fred and Raquel sharing stories :lol: 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom