Thoughts on Egnater Rebel 30 combo?

What's Hot
scarry67scarry67 Frets: 143
Local s/h one near me sub-£235. Good condition and I like the looks/features (although there are some grim tales online about tech problems). Anyone had one? Can they be used at home as well as live or too loud? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9717
    I had one for a few years and gigged and recorded with it. Vastly underrated imho.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rich75rich75 Frets: 36
    I had a Rebel 30 MkII head with matching cab which I gigged for a while and I really liked it. It sounded really good and I never had any issues with it. I only stopped using it because I got a Helix and switched to FRFR.

Not sure which version you're looking at but the MkII certainly had a variable attenuation feature via a knob on the front panel which was great for using it at home volume. The facility to mix between two different types of power valves was also really useful. 
  • NickBNickB Frets: 280
    I had a Rebel 30 Mkii. The clean channel was great but the I struggled with the dirt channel as it overly compressed the front of the note. 
  • I gigged a Rebel 30 2x12 combo for years. It had one of the best clean sounds I've ever had. My crunch all came from pedals, but I switched in the dirt channel for solo boost and I found it worked really well. I moved it on as the 2x12 weighed 40+kg and my back was giving me a real problem. 

I've have another in a heartbeat...
  • scarry67scarry67 Frets: 143
    The Egnater site has the 1 x 12 weighing in at a troubling 50lbs. The one I’m interested in has 2 small knobs allowing 1 to 30W adjustment on each channel from what I can see. It’s a handsome amp.