Leslie Simulators & Guitar

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 31118
    Breathe is a uni vibe- listen to c numb !!! That's the best example!! Yamaha RA200

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73026
    Gassage said:
    Breathe is a uni vibe
    Are you sure? There seems to be some panning going on in it, and it sounds more Leslie-like to me. Any Colour You Like sounds more like a Univibe.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• NomadNomad Frets: 549
    Thanks for the track suggestions, folks. At slow speed, it seems to be quite a subtle effect when used for guitar. Quite subtle on organ as well (until you switch to a non-Leslie, at which point the lack of it stands out quite strongly). I had a good play around with the G4 last night (stereo setup) and got into it some more. I still find that the fast speed is too dominant, but I'm happier with the vibe at slow speed. Using a momentary switch to go to the high speed for a second or two and letting it slow back down helped a bit. I might try it with a volume/expression pedal to see how it goes using intermediate speeds.

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

• I use the Hughes & Kettner Rotosphere MkII through a stereo effects loop, with a second amp providing the center focus. It's a little noisy at times, but no more so than a lot of other pedals out there. Picked mine up s/h partly because of it's extensive use by Charlie Hunter & Mike Einziger from Incubus. Usually stays on the slower setting with the faster speed more for trippier moments or imitating a hammond with jazzier chord progressions. There's also two trim pots next to the regular controls for adjusting the speeds but I must admit I've never had reason to tweak them.