NAD: Blackstar Amped 3.

What's Hot
jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
edited October 2023 in Amps
Just picked one up. Was mightily impressed. I know the cab sims are supposed to be sub par. But I’m impressed with its tones into a 2 x 12. Hopefully it’s going to be the centrepiece of my go anywhere rig. 

This is the current plan. Also there will be an expression pedal on the M5.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
    You could save space and just use the tuner in the M5....
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    impmann said:
    You could save space and just use the tuner in the M5....
    I don’t really like it. Also I’ve got room. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Bats_Bats_ Frets: 79

CabRig is ok... I would suggest muting the "room" setting in the software, this is an ambiance that just sounds bad in my opinion.

Once I disabled this things sounded much better, it would be nice if they updated the software to allow IR's but I doubt that will happen, I doubt they will even update it at all.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited October 2023
    Bats_ said:

CabRig is ok... I would suggest muting the "room" setting in the software, this is an ambiance that just sounds bad in my opinion.

Once I disabled this things sounded much better, it would be nice if they updated the software to allow IR's but I doubt that will happen, I doubt they will even update it at all.

Thanks for the tip. 

I’m not too worried about that. I’d rather they mic up the cab. I think this and the Tonemaster are the sort of modelling products aimed at old buggers like myself. I think the last time I really did a deep dive and learned something thoroughly was the Digitech RP-1.