Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The future of live music? Madonna world tour kicks off at London O2 Arena with no band...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11297
    So it would appear that Milli Vanilli were in fact pioneers decades ahead of the rest of the business.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I don’t think Madonna’s fans are bothered if she’s got a band.
    They go to see a spectacular show .
    Ever here kids were on stage performing with her.
    I thought she looked great .

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MPHMPH Frets: 56
    edited October 2023
    Pjon said:
    I took my daughter to the Taylor Swift concert film at the weekend.

It was nice to see she has a proper band who interact with her on stage and take solos etc.

She also plays guitar and piano live on stage. 
    And charges a ridiculous amount to see an over-hyped recording of a gig, with the spurious explanation that £13.13 is her lucky number, or some similar crap. (Cinema tickets locally are £6-10 or so.) 

I have three daughters. Talent or not, her hype is really getting on my nerves now.
    Ive not heard of a cinema ticket under a tenner for at least 5 years. Also, Led Zep celebration day cinema tickets were  £20 in 2007. Did you have an issue with that? 
    I went to the Cinema last Thursday. It cost me  £7.99 (it would be £5.00 for concessions). This was daytime. In the evening it is £9.99 & £7.99.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11297
    ^^

Where do you live? And what year is it there?

About five years ago a friend and I went to watch a film at the Odeon Holloway Road. As she handed me my ticket I looked at it and involuntarily blurted out "Fifteen fucking quid? For this place?". 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Apparently Madge is expected to be playing Glastonbury 2024. So I'll save a few quid and watch her on the telly.

My local cinema normally £6.99 for an adult ticket although £15 for Swift. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ahem - £3.50 per ticket and £4.50 at weekends for my local art deco fleapit (Plaza Cinema Dorchester)

Bloody great place , sells Sahara nuts and local real ale too
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7326
    Vue sell tickets for £6.99 I think.
  • DefaultM said:
    Vue sell tickets for £6.99 I think.
    Thats very cheap. I have free cinema tickets with healthplan but the cheapest Vue tickets I get are £11
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11705
    Kilgore said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I've read a couple of "mainstream media" reviews of the Madonna show and they didn't seem particularly bothered by the lack of live music or (possibly) live singing.  In fact it was barely mentioned.  Maybe it's getting to the point where audiences just want the performance to look good - with dancers, costume changes etc - and sound like the records?
    I saw an interview with Stuart Price who is some sort of producer for the tour who said exactly that. It's a greatest hits tour with everything sounding like the records. 

That's what the punters want.
    Not this one  ;)
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11756
    For a fiver, you can probably see a Madonna tribute with a live band, and a singer in her twenties who is still sexy...

To put the £1300 in context.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    scrumhalf said:
    ^^

Bradford, West Yorkshire. The year is to be determined.

We have 3 cinemas in the city centre alone.  Cineworld,The Light, National Media Museum (this has 3 screens - IMAX, Pictureville, and Cubby Broccoli).

Cineworld tickets are generally £6.99 (at these prices, i don't think they do concessions)
    The Light tickets are as mentioned above (£7.99 & £5.00 daytime, £9.99 & £7.99 evening)
    Pictureville (which is a cinerama screen) is £8.50 & £6.50
    MPH said:
    scrumhalf said:
    ^^

We have 3 cinemas in the city centre alone.  Cineworld,The Light, National Media Museum (this has 3 screens - IMAX, Pictureville, and Cubby Broccoli).

Cineworld tickets are generally £6.99 (at these prices, i don't think they do concessions)
    The Light tickets are as mentioned above (£7.99 & £5.00 daytime, £9.99 & £7.99 evening)
    I went to a jam in Huddersfield, chip shop across the road.

Went over ordered a large chips, got out a fiver for the inevitable 3 to 4 quid it costs down south.

85p! Paid it in the small change I had in my wallet... I thought "fuck me, we are getting mugged off in the south".
    MPH said:
    scrumhalf said:
    ^^

Went over ordered a large chips, got out a fiver for the inevitable 3 to 4 quid it costs down south.

85p! Paid it in the small change I had in my wallet... I thought "fuck me, we are getting mugged off in the south".
    @darthed1981

Was this recently?

It's usually about £3.00 around here for a large portion of chips.
    MPH said:
    MPH said:
    scrumhalf said:
    ^^

@darthed1981

Was this recently?

It's usually about £3.00 around here for a large portion of chips.
    Mate I'm at the age now I need to check these things, but was probably in 2018 at a guess!
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6062
    Philly_Q said:
    euan said:
    Dylan could charge twice as much for that. 
    What's he going to do, stand there miming and maybe doing a little dance?  Change his hat occasionally?
    He can still do it occasionally...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWmTGEV4XZE