SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold Godin XTSA as new £600

What's Hot
jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 881
edited December 2023 in Guitars £
I bought this  Godin XTSA last December from @notanon but haven't had a chance to pick it up yet - it's still in Cowbridge, South Wales. I'm shortly retiring from my day job due to ill health and so looking to reduce significantly my gear collection.

@notanon ;;;;purchased it from @TTony a few years ago

Still in the same condition, as new.

Not having picked it up, I'm unable to take any photographs (and I'm quite far away in Bolton, Greater Manchester.
Here is an old snap.
https://imgur.com/a/X1kWAnh 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28243
    jaymenon said:
     I'm shortly retiring from my day job due to ill health and so looking to reduce significantly my gear collection.

Sorry to hear that Jay.

I just checked my photos directory, and looks like I deleted all the original pics from when I sold it, otherwise I'd post some here for you.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Found some old photos - these are how it was when I sold it, maybe 5 or 6 yrs ago.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 881
    Thank you @TTony, that's so very nice of you :)
    Bump
    Bump
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14998
    @jaymenon ;Is this guitar still in fashionable Cowbridge? (Obviously, a lot nearer to me than Bolton.)

@TTony How good/bad/indifferent was the Roland GK tracking? (I use a VG99. I also have a GR20/GK3 outfit but I only keep that for the hexaphonic pickup.)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    I've no experience of the VG99 @Funkfingers - I used it with my GR20.

With that, I never found any problem with the tracking, and certainly no worse than using a GK3 pickup (which I have on a different guitar), but then I'm not a super-fast widdler.  I'm guessing that you'd be able to confuse the synth end if you tried to, but equally, if you play within its limits then it'd be fine.

As a one-guitar-to-do-it-all option, it was great.  But I ended up with lots of guitars that did as much as I needed them to do (ie not it "all") so the XTSA never got a lot of playing time and hence I sold it.  
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14998
    Looks as if J has now sold it too.

So … with the money I have just saved … I could indulge myself with other toys.  :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    That’s right - sold it only last week