SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

DONE: good hi-fi stereo system for quality amp/cab/combo/rig , guitar or even CASH

FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
edited April 2015 in Misc £
Have various quality boutique hand-wired all-valve guitar amps & combos/cabs to offer from £300-c.£1500 (used, but vgc/working order). Various guitars to trade from high-end down to player's (but nothing shite) and all properly set up.

Looking for a GOOD, working/vgc/quality stereo system (inc top-class speakers) with used value in that range.

Mini-systems probably won't cut it.  Long ago ditched vinyl and tape, neutral as to radio/DAB, but retain my CDs.  Increasingly turning to wi-fi (iPhone) and streaming (Spotify).

KISS please, gimmicks such as Quadraphonic or surround sound not my thing.

Age no barrier - keen vintage Tannoy  and Celestion fan.

Will take advice from genuine hifi buffs (but unlikely be spending more than £1500 inc speakers unless it is really special).

"Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• some stuff here although no valve amp, feel free to make offers though its only in the cupboard doing nowt.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/24568/fs-hi-fi-separates-marantz-and-rotel-amps-nad-and-technics-cd-players#latest

• Thanks - you have sharpened up my thinking. If I were a bit closer I might come over to talk it through with you, but think this is where I am headed:

A complete, compatible, working, higher-end system (although I realise that probably implies several grand in the hi-fi world).  

Anyone in the game, might be up for something new.
  • OK so what I have been offered and likely to go with unless anyone can do better ?

• MARANTZ CD63 inc remote £75
    • Technics A600 Mk2 amp £180
    • KEF coda 9s £180
    • (cables & plugs extra)

So in short around £500 for a basic set up (cheaper than the old Bose!)

• I can do Tannoy 603s 75 delivered
  • Appreciate the offer.  Love Tannoy as a brand and if you were closer would probably have done a deal, but this is an 'integrated' set up and I have no way of comparing the Kefs - which truth to tell are a bit on the small side for my taste (being a guitarist) - to the Tannoys, good deal though it would appear.