Richard Hawley - Best Of...

darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11756
Hi All,

Very interested in the upcoming Best of Richard Hawley.

Unfortunately, as often, the CD costs a third of and has 10 more tracks than the vinyl.

Anyone picking this up, and got an opinion on the 10 tracks that are different?

I like his work but not listened a huge amount to anything post-Longpigs, so would appreciate some other opinions...
You are the dreamer, and the dream...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'm a fan of Standing At The Skies Edge, but I'm told that's a bit of a blip compared to much of his work. I don't really like (although do appreciate) his more crooning stuff.
  • I'm a fan of Standing At The Skies Edge, but I'm told that's a bit of a blip compared to much of his work. I don't really like (although do appreciate) his more crooning stuff.
    I completely second this - I really like standing at the skies edge...... it's got great songs and some really interesting psych rock guitar tones and playing - the first half of the album is really really good stuff.....  but as @TheBigDipper says its quite different to his other records - like you say I appreciate the other stuff but it doesn't come close imho........ 
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    Hi All,

Unfortunately, as often, the CD costs a third of and has 10 more tracks than the vinyl.

I like his work but not listened a huge amount to anything post-Longpigs, so would appreciate some other opinions...
    Here's a listing of the tracks, CD vs: vinyl. Surprisingly, there are tracks on the vinyl that are not on the CD.

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11756
    Hi All,

Here's a listing of the tracks, CD vs: vinyl. Surprisingly, there are tracks on the vinyl that are not on the CD.

Ahh - to get the fans buying both of course!!

Nice to know a bit of effort has gone in I guess!
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042

TBH, I think most of the tracks are already available on streaming services anyway.

R.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11756

TBH, I think most of the tracks are already available on streaming services anyway.

R.
    Shhh - god don't start another "streaming is evil" thread! :lol: