Line 6 HX One

What's Hot
1789101113»

Comments

• rickd2112arickd2112a Frets: 35
    I’m torn on this. It would be a simple solution for things that I don’t use often. 

What are the reverbs and universal like? I am looking at a Cloudburst and Univibe. I saw two John Cordy videos comparing it to the Strymon pedals and it fell flat. John was taken back by the Cloudburst and he’s a big Helix user. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4747
    I’m torn on this. It would be a simple solution for things that I don’t use often. 

What are the reverbs and universal like? I am looking at a Cloudburst and Univibe. I saw two John Cordy videos comparing it to the Strymon pedals and it fell flat. John was taken back by the Cloudburst and he’s a big Helix user. 
    The HX reverbs are great, but probably don’t compare to something very specific special FX like the cloudburst.
    likewise the Coudburst won’t cover many of the HX reverb options.

The univibe is okay, but that’s one area where the Plethora is better IMO.
    Deft said:

Random question - How is the tuner on this?

Is it easily accessible and reasonable easy to see?  I'm thinking of going back from the TC world (Plethora X3), to this, but the tuner on the Plethora is great.

It's easy to see, the screen is black and white so pretty high contrast. The footswitch lights also give you a left and right bracket. 

However you have to press and hold both footswitches to access it which is not so easy, unless you get an external footswitch to use as a dedicated tuner switch.
    Great.  I’m thinking if controlling it by midi so assume I can easily assign it to a single press.
  • DeftDeft Frets: 33
    Deft said:

Random question - How is the tuner on this?

Is it easily accessible and reasonable easy to see?  I'm thinking of going back from the TC world (Plethora X3), to this, but the tuner on the Plethora is great.

It's easy to see, the screen is black and white so pretty high contrast. The footswitch lights also give you a left and right bracket. 

However you have to press and hold both footswitches to access it which is not so easy, unless you get an external footswitch to use as a dedicated tuner switch.
    Great.  I’m thinking if controlling it by midi so assume I can easily assign it to a single press.
    I edited that post as I'm not so sure you can do it with an external footswitch after all, but you definitely can with MIDI.

Might be an idea for a future update, you can assign an external footswitch to tap tempo so holding that to activate the tuner would be handy like on the HX Stomp.
  • dangriffithsdangriffiths Frets: 590
    I’ve found that drives and time based effects are really strong but my ears have got less and less into the modulations which was the main reason for getting one. Anyone else feel same?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27723
    I’ve found that drives and time based effects are really strong but my ears have got less and less into the modulations which was the main reason for getting one. Anyone else feel same?
    I think they're fine. Not as good as standalone, but I'm using an HX Stomp to replace a CE-2W, Deco and Tremolo plus do a bunch of other stuff. So for me it's about the balance of ultimate tone vs utility. 

If I can get the H90 I just picked up to cover all of that ground instead then I'd definitely think about switching that in, but I doubt many people are considering H90 vs HX One! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4065
    I think at home I mess around too much switching between different choruses for example, tweaking, overthinking, but in a band mix I realise they sound great and I needn’t have wasted so much time!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I think they're fine. Not as good as standalone, but I'm using an HX Stomp to replace a CE-2W, Deco and Tremolo plus do a bunch of other stuff. So for me it's about the balance of ultimate tone vs utility. 

If I can get the H90 I just picked up to cover all of that ground instead then I'd definitely think about switching that in, but I doubt many people are considering H90 vs HX One! 
    I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on that though.  I think the HX One has so much in it, it can almost justify itself on every pedalboard, but if you only have one utility pedal both do come up in the search.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on that though.  I think the HX One has so much in it, it can almost justify itself on every pedalboard, but if you only have one utility pedal both do come up in the search.
    Yeah it’s a fair question, cos I guess 1x H90 is close in price to 2x HXone, and has probably better fx but fewer of them and no amps, IRs, etc. 

Will report back when I’ve got to grips with it better

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2343

Yeah it’s a fair question, cos I guess 1x H90 is close in price to 2x HXone, and has probably better fx but fewer of them and no amps, IRs, etc. 

I don't thik the HX one has amp models/IR's.   At least I don't remember it when I had one.

I liked mine, but I didn't keep it.  I didn't find it particularly great in a band  situation.  The screen is tiny, the tuner is not usable live, and its effects weren't as good as my pedal board.
     I'd probably go for one or two of the new Zoom + pedals or a  2nd hand H9 and use midi to control it..
    thomasw88 said:

I don't thik the HX one has amp models/IR's.   At least I don't remember it when I had one.

I liked mine, but I didn't keep it.  I didn't find it particularly great in a band  situation.  The screen is tiny, the tuner is not usable live, and its effects weren't as good as my pedal board.
     I'd probably go for one or two of the new Zoom + pedals or a  2nd hand H9 and use midi to control it..
    Sorry yes you’re right. I was thinking of the HX Stomp, because that’s what I’m currently using! 

I still think the HX One has massive potential, but the current handling of presets & switching is just rubbish unless you have MIDI
    @stickyfiddle ;
    I would be interested in your thoughts after you've got the H90 working for you.
    There is a huge price difference between the H90 and HxOne. But I now prefer to just get the 'best' of anything rather than compromising on something that will do, being underwhelmed, selling it and then getting the more expensive one and finding it is just what I was looking for and should have done it in the first place. 

I'm mostly interested in delays, reverbs and Univibe. I've just got a Halo, which I really like, so could just be reverbs and UV.

• FezFez Frets: 541
    I think the modulations are really good I am still tweaking as only had it couple of weeks but the phasers hold up well enough, the delays are fine not really delved into chorus yet as it isn't something I use much.

I guess I am going to have to look at midi at some point.
    Don't touch that dial.
    @stickyfiddle ;
    I would be interested in your thoughts after you've got the H90 working for you.
    There is a huge price difference between the H90 and HxOne. But I now prefer to just get the 'best' of anything rather than compromising on something that will do, being underwhelmed, selling it and then getting the more expensive one and finding it is just what I was looking for and should have done it in the first place. 

I'm mostly interested in delays, reverbs and Univibe. I've just got a Halo, which I really like, so could just be reverbs and UV.

The line 6 reverbs don't compare to something like the neunaber immerse. (I have a helix and a immerse mk2)

In general  I wouldn't say the modulations compare to the mobius . (again I have both).

Its a pedal at a price point.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @thomasw88 ;
    Thanks for the feedback. That was my thinking.
    To be honest the HxOne leaves me a little cold, which isn't fair as I've not tried it. I did have a POD-GO a couple years ago, it was OK, but sounded lifeless into an amp (just using effects), I thought maybe the HxOne would be a little better - I know the models will be the same but the POD-GO had some other impedance issues that affected the sound.

I'll wait for feeback on the H90 or look at the Strymon/Neunaber offerings.

• DeftDeft Frets: 33
    I think the problem with HX modulation is that there are a lot of similar and redundant variations of the same effect, added to the fact that the default settings don't always sound great. 

They also tend to be mimicking real-life pedals - I have no doubt they would be indistinguishable from the real thing but sometimes I think they'd be better doing their own thing. For this reason I find some of the legacy effects are better, easier to dial in, and easier to choose from.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7023
    Where does it sit compared to say the Boss MD-200?
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    soma1975 said:
    Where does it sit compared to say the Boss MD-200?
    I’d say the boss would shade it but not by much.