Line 6 HX One

What's Hot

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3341
    Kebabkid said:
    I've just acquired a Stomp, which is a better fit but the Zoom can also do most of this and be a Swiss Army Knife pedal, allowing up to 6 effects at one for a fraction of the price. Ok, it's fiddly and doesn't have MIDI but I think this is a strange move for Line 6 when you have the Stomp and other companies like Mooer, Valeton, Ampero making small units that can do more for less money.

Which units are those? I've had an eye on something to upgrade my M5s and haven't seen anything from those companies that does what the M5 / HX One does.

Pretty sure none of the potential competitors have MIDI, which is a big deal in terms of incorporating something like this in to a larger pedalboard.
    Take a look at these. The demos seem decent and the fx might not be up to Line 6 level although I've found the Zoom can hold its' own. They don't have MIDI but they are Mult-fx ranging from £89 - £199 and some have a built-in expression pedal.

Mooer GE-100

Zoom MS range or the G1X

Nux MG-330

Valeton GP-100

HoTone Ampero

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry not for me.  So many FX in one unit - great - but some FX I want at the start of the chain and some at the end.  This thing will be static in a chain.  Also, this must be aimed at people who want to use their own expensive stomps in conjunction with this.  So if you already have an expensive Strymon delay and reverb for example, you won't be needing the multitude of delays and reverbs on this thing.  And I suspect delays and reverbs make up a good chunk of the 240+ effects on offer.
  • SteveF said:
    I can actually see this being something I would find useful.  Integrate with my ES-8 switcher and be able to move it wherever in the signal chain of my pedalboard, both in and out of the amp's effects loop, switching presets with the MIDI integration etc.

That's how I use my M5s. The HX One actually has the ability to use 4CM, so you can program your presets to appear in the effects loop or in front of the amp, which makes doing the same sort of thing simpler, although not quite as flexible as the ES-8.

IMO the inability to move it around the signal chain was one of the biggest drawbacks of the M5, which is fixed by using it with the ES-5/8. Nice that they've fixed it here.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That's why God made the M9.

The modern equivalent would be the HXFX, but that's a big price jump from the HX One.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    Can the dual in/out be used for pre/post routing like is done with mobius ?
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 540
    sgosden said:
    Can the dual in/out be used for pre/post routing like is done with mobius ?
    Yes, Paul H shows it in the official Line 6 demo. 
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2462
    Sorry not for me.  So many FX in one unit - great - but some FX I want at the start of the chain and some at the end.  This thing will be static in a chain.  Also, this must be aimed at people who want to use their own expensive stomps in conjunction with this.  So if you already have an expensive Strymon delay and reverb for example, you won't be needing the multitude of delays and reverbs on this thing.  And I suspect delays and reverbs make up a good chunk of the 240+ effects on offer.
    There are a bunch of delays and reverbs but there is a multitude of other stuff too. This site is great. Shows you the models available, what they're based on as well as where we started and what we have added over the years. 

https://dshowmusic.com/line-6-helix-effect-models/

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• SteveFSteveF Frets: 540
    edited October 2023

Yeah, I did see that could be done, but unless I am mistaken, you would have to take anything else you had connected with it to/from the loop. With the switcher I can move it anywhere between the effects in the chain whether they are in front or behind the loop and obviously use the ES-8 to create complex preset switching options. 

I also quite like that it has the looper function too. 

The more I think about it the more I like it. 
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2348
    It’s a nice little unit that! Glad to see Line 6 still supporting the HX / Helix Line.
  • Does anybody know if it has a looper? 
  • Does anybody know if it has a looper? 
    You can see a category for looper effects in the Line 6 demo video I posted. It might not be able to do all the same things are the bigger HX units since it's only got two footswitches (but you can add two more).

• Thanks! Sorry I’m not able to watch the video at the minute … excellent. 
  • Sorry not for me.  So many FX in one unit - great - but some FX I want at the start of the chain and some at the end.  This thing will be static in a chain.  Also, this must be aimed at people who want to use their own expensive stomps in conjunction with this.  So if you already have an expensive Strymon delay and reverb for example, you won't be needing the multitude of delays and reverbs on this thing.  And I suspect delays and reverbs make up a good chunk of the 240+ effects on offer.
    There are a bunch of delays and reverbs but there is a multitude of other stuff too. This site is great. Shows you the models available, what they're based on as well as where we started and what we have added over the years. 

https://dshowmusic.com/line-6-helix-effect-models/

Exactly. There's just so much in there that you'd find 250 quid's worth of effects in it whatever you already had on your board. 

• SteveF said:

Yeah, I did see that could be done, but unless I am mistaken, you would have to take anything else you had connected with it to/from the loop. With the switcher I can move it anywhere between the effects in the chain whether they are in front or behind the loop and obviously use the ES-8 to create complex preset switching options. 

Yeah, that's what I meant about the ES-8 being more flexible in terms of signal routing. Still, the ES units aren't cheap, so it's nice that the HX One allows you to do at least a bit of that without having to buy and learn a complex, expensive switcher.

• I still prefer the Zoom MS70CDR. I often use that as a "one effect", but with a permanent reverb after it, and the brilliant Zoom noise reduction before it.

If this new Line6 has at least a gate as well as the main effect that would be cool.  

• robertyroberty Frets: 10914
    roberty said:
    This gives me slight pause as it's not quite clear that it has all the fx from the HX. I know the poly pitch stuff is heavy on DSP but it's one of the main things I want it for.

Packed full of 250+ top-class effect emulations taken from Line 6’s HX ecosystem, including reverbs, delays, dynamics effects, dirt, and much more

Like a proper autistic I'm waiting for the pdf manual to drop

Ha. Same, except I don't think I'm autistic, just nerdy.
    Maybe get that looked at lol
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4739
    edited October 2023

Looks a great little unit.  I'd be interested but I have just ordered a Plethora X3 as a ulility / tuner pedal.

Based on the fact I've owned a Helix LT, HX Stomp and Stomp XL, I best not say anything that incriminates me for future purchases.  Already thinking this would me ideal on a mini board with a drive or 2.

What will happen, I'll forget about this, then search on google on the HX One and see my current self giving advice to my future self to buy it becuase it would be great for a mini board.

EDIT:- Not sure if it has a tuner?
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7693
    Ooh…
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7693
    sgosden said:
    I can answer any questions you may all have. 
    Where do babies come from ?
    Why do they call orange jam marmalade? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5206
    edited October 2023
    roberty said:
    roberty said:

Like a proper autistic I'm waiting for the pdf manual to drop

Ha. Same, except I don't think I'm autistic, just nerdy.
    Maybe get that looked at lol

Mrs_bob is a teacher, and before that was working as a learning support assistant to a boy with ASD, so gets fairly regular training on different types of neurodivergence. She's mostly singled out our eldest son as the undiagnosed autistic in our family, but she's mentioned all sorts of things that sound like me too. Not sure what difference it would make to me at 44 to be told I was autistic, but it wouldn't come as a massive shock TBH. That's a whole other thread though...