horrible terrible site breaking bug that really must be addressed!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Roland said:
    … I have no Idea what's going on. ... 
    PolarityMan got a syntax error when he attempted to use non standard characters in a thread title. He started this thread to mention it. At around the same time we received a new member application with a similar string of non standard characters as the user name. Fearing that we might get more of these from numpties who read the forum I commented, and reminded members that attempting to create second user name is a banning offence. PolarityMan interpreted this as a personal attack, which it wasn’t. He made an unacceptable comment, which @digitalscream has since removed. Along the way various people have added “humourous” remarks. 
    Thanks @Roland that does make more sense now. Although why someone would want to purposely create a syntax error is beyond me. Mischief I suppose...? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • For the record, this wasn't a bug relating to the use of non-standard characters - it actually appeared every time a thread was created. I'd actually forgotten about it, but it's fixed now.
    <space for hire>
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    Roland said:
    If you attempt to create a new user ID with this trick, as someone just has, then it gets rejected. If you do it a second time we ban you.
    Good for you but I didn't do that so kindly fuck off with your baseless accusations.
    That's a bit harsh, he is not a bass player lol

Well - that has to break some kind of group rule!
  • Let's just hope nobody creates a user called
    Bobby`(; DROP TABLE Guitar;
    (Joking - I'm sure @digitalscream has this one well covered!)
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27601
    Roland said:

He made an unacceptable comment, which @digitalscream has since removed. Along the way various people have added “humourous” remarks. 

Having just read through the thread, I'm guessing that Digi also removed the humorous remarks?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom