SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

*SOLD via eBay* Fender Custom Shop 2021 LTD 60’s Telecaster Journeyman (Sage Green Metallic)

J.PJ.P Frets: 44
edited February 12 in Guitars £

Ok so……I’ve fallen for a pretty pricey acoustic (again) and the only way I can fund it is sadly sacrificing some stuff. Including my 2021 CS LTD Edition Tele. With all sales pitch aside it’s bloody glorious! It’s perfect in every way you want a Tele to be. Twangy and open but without a hint of harshness….just a sweet sizzle that sits in a mix perfectly. Even unplugged it sounds ace and you can feel the whole thing resonating. The neck pickup can pull off the JM/Hendrix/Stevie Strat thing and the bridge is a huge sounding raucous roaring savage with brilliant string separation. With both pickups selected you get all the Pop/R&B/funk goodness you could ever need. Definitely a lil magic in its hand wound “58” pickups that were only available in this limited edition guitar. The 9.5 radius AAA rosewood board plays like a dream and is a thing of beauty….you’d be forgiven for mistaking it for old school ebony it’s so dark and smooth. A thing you see less and less these days! The journeyman relicing on the light 7.05lb alder body is awesome. The subtle and authentic checking of the custom colour sage green metallic and thin nitro lacquer is masterful. For me Fenders “Journeyman” level of relic is where it’s at. Just feels and looks like an old mate without going over the top. The AA flame maple, quarter sawn oval “C” neck feels great in the hand and has the satin wood finish on the back. It’s just really organic, smooth and transitions naturally. Absolutely flawlessly built. A dream guitar really. I bought her new last year and it’s been a case queen so she’s in the same condition as when I walked out with her. Comes with all the custom shop candy: leather bound floor traveler, custom shop strap, ash tray bridge cover etc. I’ve put a top quality parchment 3 ply pick guard on her as I hate the single ply late 50s/early 60’s ones. The original of course is included in the case.

Every time I get it out the case I’m like “nope, keeping it” as it’s just something else. I’d be perfectly happy to keep this as “the one”. It’s so versatile and just has that tone. But, that spot is already filled by a Custom Shop Les Paul that has huge sentimental value…..

A decent saving off essentially a new Custom Shop LTD edition Tele especially the way prices are rocketing (£4199 now). What am I doing…..???

Bank transfer, PayPal F&F. 

Happy to package her up if you want to arrange your own courier if you can’t collect in person.  

I’m down on the Kent coast. 

Photos:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-KEp7wsJZOSUjkHZSMAJWhmxIx29VMCm

Only reason I’m letting this go is to fund the new acoustic so please no offers of trades please.

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• J.PJ.P Frets: 44
    Bump for a lean, mean, Ltd edition tone machine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had a CS Strat in this colour, and also with a Journeyman finish. Pictures don't do them justice, it's a cracking colour in the 'flesh'.

GLWTS!  :)
    I had a CS Strat in this colour, and also with a Journeyman finish. Pictures don't do them justice, it's a cracking colour in the 'flesh'.

GLWTS!  :)
    Thank you mate, yeah it’s lovely right? Definitely imo the best green. 
    Monday bump
    Hoo-ray and up she rises
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 537
    That’s gorgeous, mate. GLWTS!

bobacco said:
    That’s gorgeous, mate. GLWTS!
    Thanks man, yeah she really is. I’ve gone and bought the acoustic (which became a Bourgeois) so now she’s locked away waiting to make someone very happy. I’m not gonna get her out again incase I start considering bank robbery a better option, lol
    It’s Monday, it’s a sexy as hell Telecaster…BUMP! 
    Still available, still awesome, bump! 
    Pre weekend bump
    Mid week hump bump
    Weekend bump
    9 days til Christmas….and everyone knows the best thing to find under the tree is a sexy CS Tele. Treat yo’ self! ; ) 
    Ho Ho Ho! Merry Bumpmas! 
  • ChimpankieChimpankie Frets: 353
    edited December 2023
    Stunning! 

Stunning! 

Thank you mate, she really is. Merry Christmas! 
  • Hey, which Martin have you got your heart on, out of interest.  I played a D-41 just to pass some time in a shop and had to get one.  I'm wondering if you've been with Tony at replay?
    Lovely Tele, by the way.....

Hey, which Martin have you got your heart on, out of interest.  I played a D-41 just to pass some time in a shop and had to get one.  I'm wondering if you've been with Tony at replay?
    Lovely Tele, by the way.....

Originally it was a D14 Custom Shop but that turned into a Bourgeois OMS that came home with me. 
    Thanks she’s pretty perfect. Wish I could keep her but sadly pockets ain’t that deep, lol 
    Merry Christmas! 
    Last bump of the year…