SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1978 les Paul 25/50 - prs wood library Ltd edition

Seanw1Seanw1 Frets: 33
edited October 2023 in Guitars £
Gibson now withdrawn from sale. Happy to talk about trades for the prs! 

I have these 2 spectacular guitars and I’ve been thinking lately I’d like to use them to get my first genuine vintage guitar. I’d only be looking at Gibson or fender. It would need to be pre 70s. Other than that I’d consider most. I would also consider a Murphy lab or similar if the value is right. I get that it’s not entirely likely that someone would be happy to trade 2 for 1 like this but I figure it’s worth the try. 

I’d also consider trades for the prs alone. Something like a 60s sg junior would be amazing but I’ll consider most things modern or vintage around this value. 

I’ve added a 9k value but anything between 8k and 9k would be considered. It’s hard to be exact. Especially with the Gibson. 

I’ll stress, the Gibson is not for sale separately. It would only go as part of the 2 for 1 deal described or if the prs sells first. 

So the guitars themselves. 

1978 Gibson les Paul 25/50. 
This is a very special instrument and I’d only move on for something special. In 1978 Gibson released a model celebrating the 25th anniversary of the les Paul and also the 50th anniversary of Les Paul’s music career. The hardware is split between silver and gold to mark each respective anniversary. It has the distinction of being the first guitar Gibson launched with coil splits which is what the mini toggle does. These came in a few colour options including the most common dark burst flame top but the ebony is the rarest one. It’s far from mint and it’s been well used. It’s absolutely dripping in mojo and plays fantastically well. It’s all original right down to the pots other than a refret.  (It has a Fabre aged tail piece but the original tp6 fine tune bridge is here ready. I just prefer the standard stop tail) there are dinks and bumps all over and I’d happily send tonnes of pictures. It comes with a period correct chainsaw case. 

Trade value - £4400

Prs wood library lt edition 

I have this advertised already so you may have seen it 

So, you can probably tell it’s not your normal prs. It’s a limited edition wood library with an absolutely incredible spec list. It says in the documentation that the spec is what you’d normally find on private stock. 

It’s a 2018 Wood Library Custom 24, with a figured Maple artist grade 10-top, Korina back, 24 fret, figured Maple neck colour matched to flame body, Ziricote fretboard, gold mother of pearl and Paua inlays, PRS Gen 3 tremolo bridge, 58/15 pickups, finished in Black Gold Burst, and hybrid hardware. 

Something similar would be well over 6k new but this is a real one off. 

Excellent condition with a couple of tiny nicks round the binding edge. Only really detected with a fingernail or holding up to the light. 

Value - £4500
image1.jpeg 122.1K
image0.jpeg 162.5K
image4.jpeg 98.2K
image3.jpeg 115.2K
image5.jpeg 91.5K
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Seanw1Seanw1 Frets: 33
    I should have stated. I’m based in Edinburgh outskirts. I know that makes things more difficult. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Seanw1Seanw1 Frets: 33
    The Gibson is now withdrawn. Happy to discuss trades for the prs. I’d love a p90 Gibson either 60s or Murphy lab (Murphy lab would require cash adjustment) but I’ll consider most at this value. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom