Who could build me a toy pedal???

What's Hot
samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
My son is turning 2 in a couple of months and i want to give him a pedal!

He loves playing with my pedalboard...the lights, the knobs and switches.

So i have an idea for a multi stomp pedal with a bunch of lights and some knobs...and an on/off switch. The footswitches need to be like tc electronics which are easy for him to switch on and off.

Ill design the graphics...and im not too fussed about true bypass on this one.

Any builders want to help out???
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• benvallbenvall Frets: 83
    Sorry I can't help but that is a really lovely idea. When I unboxed my g system for the first time my son grabbed his toy guitar and started stomping all over it. Someone must be able to help samzadgan out!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My lad loves my pedal board too. Is favourite is my zoom that I use for recording. 
    More lights than you can shake a stick at.

I am guessing the psu would be an issue in this case?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • swlabrswlabr Frets: 29
    That's a brilliant idea!

My kids are all over the pedalboard every time they can lay their hands on it. In fact, most of the paint chips on some of the pedals have been caused by their play.

I think a gorm pedalboard I have unused in a cupboard would make even more "real" for them.

See what the pedalbuilders come up with!
  • I could donate a standard sized enclosure to this cause for nothing, but the switch is a clicky one, and it'll only have one light unless more holes are drilled. Also, it's not wired...

If anyone can and would like to, I'm happy to empty it of components and send it on to someone for more drilling, led fitting and switching shizzle.

You might prefer a larger sized enclosure - this one is mxr sized.
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    I've got the perfect enclosure for this. I'll reply with more later.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Bumping...to see if any pedalbuilders want to take on the project...to be clear i will pay for the pedal, this isn't a charity request
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17888
    tFB Trader
    What a brilliant idea :)

My daughter says "DADDY PEDALS!" whenever a parcel arrives at home :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Sorry mate, totally forgot about this!

I've still got the enclosure in the bottom left corner, and I've got loads of parts and a soldering iron.

Drop me a PM if you're interested in putting something together
  • I had a look though my "draw-o-crap" and didn't find anything you could use mate, thought I had some spare knobs or LED's floating about but I think I gave the LED's away and left the knobs on dimmer switches at a previous flat.

I'll have another look, used to have a broken DOD multi FX floating about too, see if I can find that, unless that's also been cleared out in a previous move.

Nic
    chrispy108;390257" said:
    Sorry mate, totally forgot about this!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14196839/Photo 03-06-2012 11 23 03.jpg

I've still got the enclosure in the bottom left corner, and I've got loads of parts and a soldering iron.

Drop me a PM if you're interested in putting something together
    Thanks man, that enclosure looks perfect. But i have no idea about soldering or putting the pedal together. If i can get a builder to do this project then ill buy that off you.
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    I may have parts, proto boards and so on laying in a box somewhere. If I can remember where it is and have enough scrap parts I'll be happy to paint and fit the box in the picture for the postage costs only.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    edited October 2014
    Yep, got the bits back so if you get that box I can sort it for you. Forget about the postage costs, I am building a custom pink Pokemon mini Rangemaster for my daughter at the moment so I know what it's like!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 562

I love this idea, it would be good for your little one to be able to get some "feed back" from it too, you know build a small sound generator which can be passed through the pedals to a simple amplifier.

I built an "electric box" for my kids, it was battery powered, fitted in a cheap plastic cassette carry case, I incorporated coloured plastic toggle switches which lit lamps, a big LED number display that 'counted up' by turning a knob, a buzzer(yeap not a good move that one!) and  get this a sound level meter which had a microphone and indicated on an illuminated moving coil meter! Oh and a timer which switched it off after a time of inactivity. Kids love this sort of thing, still in the loft I think.

I wish I'd thought of pedals that would add a whole new 'musical' dimension.   

Bit like a simple synth! If you have the budget you could pick behringer pedals, (quite good cos they are plastic too) or trawl ebay for a bundle of cheaper stuff. 

• ROOGROOG Frets: 562

You could make a simple signal generator using a guitar pick up and a single string, slide guitar style perhaps.

mount it all on a small board, it would make a nice change to the usual keyboard style toys! 

Forge said:
    Yep, got the bits back so if you get that box I can sort it for you. Forget about the postage costs, I am building a custom pink Pokemon mini Rangemaster for my daughter at the moment so I know what it's like!

mate...i've PM'd you