Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Matthew Perry

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24338
    IMG_2951.jpeg 327.3K
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    edited October 2023
    Knowing how many people he made laugh in contrast to how troubled he was, this is deeply saddening news. And despite his lifelong torment, his hopeful outlook at the end of his autobiography makes his passing all the more sad and sobering. RIP Matthew.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Friends coincided with me getting old enough to think watching telly was an acceptable thing to do on a Friday night, and not a sign of being a boring old fart.  Correction, I still thought it was a sign of being a boring old fart, but a nice meal with a bottle of wine and a couple of beers watching Friends and Frasier softened my transition to old fart status. For the first time in my life I started looking forward to a night in.

I was more of a Frasier guy, but Friends was great feel-good TV and Perry was the best thing in it.  A troubled man but came across as a very decent bloke in interviews.  RIP.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • Wasn’t expecting this, very sad 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11792
    I absolutely detest Friends and always have.  However... given his struggles, the fact he was apparently a nice guy and his relative youth this is very sad news - regardless of whether you're an A-lister or John Doe.

RIP.
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 371
    I used to watch Friends with my Daughter who is now 23. In terms of funny he topped the charts on that TV prog.

My partner and I heard the news this morning and we both chorused "He's back on the gear again"
    I know it's horrible to see a Human Being as a cliche but that's how it felt to us.

RIP Matthew, you gave me plenty of laughs.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    As I  understand it Perry House was his house, his Malibu mansion, that he gave as a rehab center. I know he was probably pretty wealthy but even so it's an impressive gesture. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom