SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Gibson ES-125T (1960); WITHDRAWN Eastman T64/v with Callaham Bigsby upgrade;

What's Hot
thinline72thinline72 Frets: 88
edited December 2023 in Guitars £
Some very nice P90 guitar up for sale!   

Possible trades/PX:
- Fulltone TTE (Tube Tape Echo)
- lower-end vintage electrics or archtops (Harmony, Kay, Silvertone etc.)

A lovely Gibson ES-125T from 1960. It's my 3rd (out of 4 now!) ES-125 type of a guitar, and the only reason I'm parting with it is that I just got ES-125TDC! 

This particular one has a very warm woody tone. It's very resonate! I often find myself noodling on it unplugged in late evenings. I had full-depth ES-125 before and I think this thinline sounds louder and more prominent acoustically. Most likely due to its original Brazilian rosewood bridge and saddle (full-depth one had TOM for better intonation).

It's from 1960, so it has a slim neck profile but with a desirable 1 11/16 (43mm) nut width. The tailpiece is an aged replica. Apart from that, it's all original. It has some small dents, scratches and nice lacquer checking expected to its age. It plays easy with the action set at 1.5mm 1st string and at 2mm 6th string. It can go lower than that if you wish so! 

I got it from @JezWynd , who got it from Guncotton guitars and carried over a receipt to me. I hope folks don't mind me pinging them in my post  It comes with its original alligator case (which had seen better days), as well as with a proper sturdy Epiphone branded hard-case.

I'd like £2300 for it which is the same I paid on the forum. They do seem to go up in prices now though. I believe it's the last vintage Gibson model from the golden era which hasn't sky-rocked yet?

Collection from Cambridge is highly preferred as it comes with two cases. I have a shipping box from ES-125TDC, so if you are willing to arrange a delivery at your risks and costs, we can do that! And of course do let me know if you are around, I'll see if we can arrange a meetup. Sorry for the reflection of me on the photos of the back, the light these days is tricky! 

More photos: https://imgur.com/a/IyMZ1Po

=================================================================================

WITHDRAWN 
Eastman T64/v with Callaham Bigsby upgrade. I think I don't even need to explain how good these guitars are for the money. You probably won't be able to find a better quality vs cost deal, especially for ES-330 type. I got it from @DB1 who does much better photos than I, but I hope mine will reflect some of its beauty as well.

It's a non-pickguard version with a 1.72" nut width and a medium chunk neck. It sits very well in hands and plays smoothly. I've upgraded Bigsby with Callaham parts as I truly hated changing strings on it. The Callaham upgrade makes it much easier to do + they give more sustain and easier playability. I'll put original parts into its beautiful stylish case if a buyer would like to put back some of them (although I cannot imagine why would they really want to do that!).

I'd like £1200 for it, which is a bit more than what I paid to Dave as the full Callaham upgrade did cost quite a bit!
Collection from Cambridge, or I can meet somewhere close to it where trains/buses go.

More photos: https://imgur.com/a/pHyb0Ix

Any question or additional photos, please ask!
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    That Eastman is a fabulous guitar - there's something about that particular set of Lollars that is wonderful. I bet the upgrade is well worth it, too. I'd be having that back if the time was right.

Also @thinline72 is a such a nice chap to deal with. Can't go wrong with this one.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks a lot for the comment, @DB1:3
    And for adding that those P90s are Lollar, I forgot to mention that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gibson is on hold until Monday Nov 6th!
  • thinline72thinline72 Frets: 88
    edited October 2023
    Sorry for bumping it so soon, but Gibson isn't on hold anymore: potential buyer had to fall back.

That's unfortunate for me  , but I believe it'll be fortunate for someone else who decides to get it! 
    edited November 2023
    "Captain, it's Wednesday!" type of bump
  • TGIF bump!
  • Sunday bump!

As I set on keeping ES-125TDC, I now have a good shipping box from it. So if a buyer is willing to arrange deliver at their risks and cost, I think we can do that! Here is a photo of shipping box and packaging materials:

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MikePMikeP Frets: 64
    God that gibson is beautiful!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10921
    One of the guys from Fontaines DC is using a Eastman T64 on tour supporting the Arctic Monkeys right now, he talks about it ~39:11 here

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bump with updated pictures! Finally got a bit of sun to take a bit less dark photos
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8333
    The Eastman T64v is an awesome guitar. 
    I’ve got one, doubt I could ever be convinced to part with it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thanks @TheMarlin ! It's indeed a truly great guitar for the money. I should admit that every time I look at it I start hesitating... the same applies to ES-125T as well... but it's silly to have 3 similar (yet quite different in sound) P90 guitars!!!
    I have five with P90’s. It’s an addition. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bump with some possible trades/PX added:
    - Fulltone TTE (Tube Tape Echo)
    - Martin 0-15M Westside edition (with 1 3/4 nut width and shorter scale)
    - lower-end vintage electrics or archtops (Harmony, Kay, Silvertone etc.)

@TheMarlin I believe you missed "c" in "addition"  :o
    Bloody autocorrect…..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just to continue the 'stuck record' on the thread, I also have a T64 and it's bloody brilliant. Someone really ought to buy this, you won't be disappointed!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2023
    Thanks @Dontgiveupyourdayjob !

And Monday bump!
  • mid-week bump!
  • SparksSparks Frets: 30
    That Gibson has appeared just as I'm having builders in at home, otherwise...
  • TheMarlin said:
    Bloody autocorrect…..
    It actually fits well